Norton Flattening Stone For Waterstones 3/4" X 3" X 9" In Plastic Case
Norton Flattening Stone for Waterstones, 3/4" x 3" x 9" in plastic case
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping.
- Item model number: 69936687444
The Norton flattening stone for waterstones is precisely level, with a hardbond, to maintain the flat surface of waterstones; coarse-grit silicon carbidegives it maximum cutting power, and diagonal grooves on one face providechannels for material removal. This flattening stone measures 3/4 x 9 x 3inches (H x W x D), which makes it suitable for flattening any waterstone withlesser dimensions. (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highestpoint; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, thehorizontal distance from front to back.) The plastic case protects and storesthe stone. Flattening stones are abrasive rectangular blocks used to smooth thesharpening surfaces and flatten the depressions that repeated use wears inwater-lubricated sharpening stones (waterstones), to prepare them foreffective sharpening of knives or tools. Waterstones have a finer grit andsofter bond than oilstones, and use water as the lubricant to develop aslurry, a thin paste of abrasive grains and water that removes metal with lesspressure than oilstone requires. Because of these characteristics, waterstoneswear concave with use, and should be flattened periodically for bestperformance. Norton Abrasives manufactures sanding, grinding, and polishing abrasives, andhas been located in the United States since 1885. Norton, now a brand ofSaint-Gobain, meets ISO 9000 and 14001 certification for quality andenvironmental management standards. What's in the Box? Flattening stone Plastic case Instructions From the Manufacturer A low cost, easy-to-use flattening method for all grit sizes of Waterstones.The coarse grit silicon carbide promotes maximum cutting while the diagonalgrooves provide a channel for debris to be removed during the flatteningprocess. Engineered for superb flatness with a very hard bond, it producess anextremely flat result on all sizes of Waterstones.
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend