- Audio CD (June 24, 2016)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Affetto Records
Editorial Reviews Amalgam is a follow-up on the highly acclaimed album "Soul Strings" releasedin September of 2015, in which sarod virtuosi Amaan Ali Khan and Ayaan AliKhan joined forces with American classical violinist Elmira Darvarova tocreate a unique collaboration, a bridge between their respective musicaltraditions which were carried whole and un-compromised. Amalgam brilliantlyconfirms this daring, supercharged, yet profoundly respectful and evenaffectionate meeting of these musical minds, made all the more profound by theinclusion of Amjad Ali Khan, the father of featured sarod virtuosi Amaan andAyaan Ali Khan, universally beloved and venerated elder statesman not only ofthe Sarod, but also for the larger world of Indian Classical Music today, andcomposer of the classical Indian ragas featured on this album as well as "SoulStrings." In addition, "Amalgam" features a solo work composed and performedby Grammy-nominated violinist Elmira Darvarova, powerfully informed by thefolk traditions of her own Bulgarian roots. Amalgam brings new meaning and aredefinition to the description "World Music" as it crosses and joinsclassical genres of the east and west with brilliant musicianship in worldpremiere performances.
We accept all major Credit Cards, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
We also offer an Additional 2% Discount for Direct Bank Debit Payments via Kash.com
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We Also Recommend