In-Wall Imager – For home remodeling, renovation and
construction Walabot DIY Wall Scanner The Walabot Multifunction Wall Scanner
uses Radio Frequency (RF) technology to provide advanced detection
capabilities. The tool is a cutting edge device which is paired with an
Android phone (see specifications for details) to produce a visual image of
what is inside concrete and drywall up to 4 inches (10 cm) deep. It can show
users what is in their wall in multiple modes (Pan mode, Image mode, and
Expert mode). The Walabot detects metal objects, wood studs, wires, pipes and
can show movement behind walls. Walabot can be used by contractors,
electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and those in need of advanced wall imaging
capabilities. The advanced technology is also perfect for ambitious DIYers and
those who want real-time visual images of what is hidden within a wall.
COMPATIBLE SMARTPHONE Most Android phones running Android 5.0 and above, with
USB On-The-Go (USB OTG) KNOWN INCOMPATIBLE SMARTPHONES: iPhone, iPads Tablets
Blackberry, Asus Zenfones, HomTom, Vodafone, Kyocera, Alcatel, BQ, Moto,
Samsung Note 7, Pixel 2 XL, Xperia and LG G4 Cutting Edge Technology
Transforms Your Smartphone into an Advanced Wall Imaging Device What does
Walabot DIY Detect? Wooden Studs – Metal Studs – Pipes – Wires – Movement
Walabot DIY connects to your Android phone and then does so much more. Unlike
any other stud finder or wall scanner, Walabot has a unique sensor and imaging
technology to let you see within your walls. No need to rely on flashing
lights or beeping sensors. Another amazing difference is that Walabot has an
app with improvements and new features. All you have to do is keep the app
updated. Walabot has frequent updates with new developments on a regular
basis, that you can update from the mobile app. Recent features that have been
added are the capability to: Create a map of large areas of your wall Identify
and label different object types – wooden stud, metal stud, pipe/ wire Measure
distance between objects Learn to Use the Walabot Walabot DIY has the power to
become the most valuable tool in your box. When using new technology there is
always a learning curve. To get the most from your Walabot DIY, follow the
instructions step by step Download: the Walabot DIY app to your Android phone
Connect: the Walabot DIY device to your phone using the USB cable provided
Follow: Installation guide and tutorials in the app Watch: Walabot’s “What’s
the Drill” online videos and in depth tutorials Always make sure that you
are using a Walabot DIY compatible wall like drywall, sheetrock or concrete.
Walabot DIY results may vary and can be unreliable on a non-compatible wall
Walabot’s Multiple Modes Work Together: Pan Mode, Image Mode and Expert Mode
Step 1: Pan Mode: Panoramic view of a full wall line, with distances. To use
pan mode, hold the Walabot against the wall, calibrate and scan from one side
of the wall to the other. Pan mode will show an image of objects within the
wall and approximately where they are located. Pan facilitates a quick
overview of where studs are placed in the wall. Different classifications of
objects like wooden studs, metal pipes, and plastic pipes will create unique
colored stripes in the image viewer. Each type of object will be defined by
the stripes and can be used for future reference in either Image or Expert
mode. Step 2: Image Mode: visual classification of metalic and wooden studs,
pipes, and wires. To use image mode, hold the Walabot against the wall and
move over the objects which were identified in Pan mode. Walabot RF technology
will analyze the objects and translate the results into images which are
identified by type according to the results. Results of RF readings can
identify wooden studs, metal studs, pipes, and wires. Step 3: Expert Mode: see
the raw signals from the Walabot sensor. To use expert mode, hold the Walabot
against the wall and move over the objects seen in Pan and Image mode. Expert
mode gives a direct view into the unflitered RF produced image. This image can
show location in more detail, curves in pipes and wires, the intersection
between two objects, movement in real time and can be used to confirm objects
found in Pan and Image mode. You can focus the expert mode by managing the
intensity bar to better see the objects.
- Detects wood & metal studs, PVC & metal pipes, electric cables and wires inside walls
- Uses cutting-edge radar technology to see inside drywall & concrete walls (currently doesn't support lath and plasters walls)
- Scans up to 4 inches (10 centimeters) deep into your walls
- Uses 3 different in-wall sensing modes Panoramic, Images and Expert for advanced wall detection
- Map large wall areas and save the images for later analysis of what's inside your walls
- Part Number: DY20BCGL02
- Item Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 6 x 1.4 inches
- Item model number: DY15BGUS02
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Inside Diameter: 1 inches
- Measurement System: US
- Special Features: Uses Cutting-Edge Radar Technology, Sees Inside Walls, Finds Electrical Wires in Walls, Detects PVC and Metal Pipes, Provides 3D Visual Image, Sees through Insulation, Sees Inside Drywall, Sees Inside Concrete, Detects Metal Studs, Detects Wooden Studs, Detects Beams in Ceiling
- Included Components: DIY, USB & type C OTG cables, protective film, gel pad, guide
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Battery Cell Type: Alkaline
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Date First Available: April 6, 2017
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.