Size:0.5 Pound Vanilla tahitiensis otherwise known as Tahitian Vanilla is
cultivated mostly along the arable lands of the south pacific especially
French Polynesia-Tahiti, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia. The Tahitian Vanilla,
unlike the Madagascar Bourbon species (Vanilla planifolia) is rare; it’s only
a small fraction of the world’s natural vanilla production and deservedly
nicknamed “the Queen of Vanilla”. It has a floral taste and fragrance,
different from the Madagascar Bourbon species. The bean pod is also plumper
than the Madagascar Bourbon species, and have higher oil and moisture content.
Vanilla bean pods are graded after they are cured, conditioned and ready for
use. The grading is based on moisture content, length of the pod and lack of
dehiscence/wholesomeness of appearance. High moisture content, long, oily and
dark seed pods with no splits/dehisces are given the highest grade, A, the
Gourmet grade. The Gourmet grade/Prime grade/Grade A, typically has about 30%
moisture content, are 5” or longer and 1lb contains about 100 pods. The grade
B beans have about 15-25% moisture content, are relatively shorter (less than
5”), may have some blemishes and 1lb contains between 140-160 bean pods. The
cured fruit seed pod with the vanilla flavor houses thousands of tiny, black
seeds. The pods and the seeds are both useful for culinary purposes.
- PREMIUM GRADE A VANILLA BEAN: – Rich aroma, oily moist luster, dark brown to black color, at least 6 long, and ability to bend without breaking (supple). As they age, they may develop the remarkable crystal-like features, the expression of high vanillin content.
- PROPER STORAGE PRESERVES FLAVOR FOR YEARS. If sealed in an airtight bag and in a cool, dry place, Vanilla Bean can be kept for a relatively long time, with a shelf life of at least 1yr. Thus, our beans are packed in BPA-free, FDA approved vacuum sealed bags to maintain freshness for a longer time.
- DONT REFRIGERATE: They lose moisture and flavor on referigeration. For longer freshness, store properly as indicated above.
- TRADITIONAL CULTIVATION: Handpicked, selected for a minimum of 6 in length, sun-bake cured, conditioned for months, vacuum-sealed pack and ready to be shipped to your kitchen.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 3 x 0.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- UPC: 745557399527
- #176 in Vanilla Beans
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.