All the fun of coding and circuits. None of the headache.
Let’s Start Coding has combined easy-to-use electronics, online lessons and
videos, and example code to bring your kids the best way to start learning
real code. Parents, you don’t have to be an expert to get them started; kids
start with our pre-written code and ‘tinker’, experimenting with the code and
trying out our challenges. The Let’s Start Coding resources have been designed
by educators and coders to teach the core concepts in a way that engages kids,
challenges their minds, and introduces them to core coding concepts while they
have fun! Our team has spent hundreds of hours leading workshops, camps, and
classes through the beginning of their coding journey, so the method is proven
and based on feedback from real beginners. The 14 sequenced lessons and 60+
example projects from this kit include: – LED flashlight – Four note piano –
Night-sensing nightlight – ‘Clapper’ light switch – LED strip thermometer –
Mini ‘jump man’ video game The C++(see-plus-plus) concepts covered in this kit
apply to all major coding languages and include: – Variables – Functions –
Loops – Statements – Syntax and Troubleshooting Finally, an introduction to
real, typed coding that doesn’t require textbooks, in-person tutors, or
searching for high-quality information online. If you really want your kids to
get ahead with your coding skills, the Let’s Start Coding kits are the all-in-
one product you’re looking for. Read more Read more Read more Read more
Ultimate Kit: our most advanced kit of circuits and code Code Piano: for kid
coders who want to create their own electronic music Code Car: for coders aged
8 – 12 Base Kit: teaches real coding topics and circuitry basics Code Speaker:
STEM toy for kids 8+ Code Rocket: for kids 8-12 to learn coding hands-on
Included Projects 14 + 96 example programs 14 14 14 + 27 example programs 12
21 Loved by Passionate & independent coders who are ready to dive deep into
the world of circuitry and programming Musicians who love tech. The perfect
STEAM crossover to use both creativity and critical thinking. Younger coders
who want a toy they can modify and play with. Curious coders who have an
interest in circuitry and imagination to build their own projects and add
craft materials to their code projects. Kids who aren’t sure if coding is
right for them and need plenty of guidance to get started. Imaginative kids
who don’t want to build their own circuits, but want a pre-built ‘toy’ that
they can control and modify. Flexibility High Medium Medium High Low Medium
Free project guides ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Awards Family Review Center Gold, Family
Choice Award, MLA Platinum Award, Family Review Center Seal of Approval
Parents’ Choice Approved Award, Family Review Center Gold, Family Review
Center Seal of Approval Family Choice Award Mom’s Choice Award, MLA Platinum
Award National Parenting Product Award, Tillywig Brain Child Award
- START SMALL, GO FAR: Ages 12+. Learn real C++ coding with no prior experience. Online lessons get kids started, then they follow their curiosity. Great for advanced kids who want to work hands-on and see immediate results!
- ALL INCLUSIVE: Everything you need is in the kit, including 17 components like LED light strip, speaker, light, temperature, and sound sensors, buttons, and an LCD screen. Free coding software available for download.
- AWARD WINNING: Ultimate Kit has won the Family Choice Seal of Approval, Gold Award, Modern Library Platinum Award, and Family Choice Award. Built by teachers, engineers, and designers to make learning fun!
- GREAT GIFT: Makes a great birthday or Christmas gift for a future engineer, scientist, designer, or programmer. Loved by boys and girls aged 10,11,12,13,14,15+.
- Free software compatible with Windows, Mac, or Chromebook computers. Requires an internet connection. Not compatible with tablets or smartphones.
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 5.5 x 2.5 inches
- Item Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Manufacturer recommended age: 9 – 13 years
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.