The best part about this sporty watch is you’ll almost forget you’re wearing
it. Pool, beach and shower-resistant, lightweight and perfect for staying
active. Timex Group B.V. is one of the best-known American watch companies.
Timex’s U.S. headquarters are located in Middlebury Connecticut and it has
substantial operations in China, the Philippines and India and full scale
sales companies in Canada, the UK, France and Mexico. The company began in
1854 as Waterbury Clock in Connecticut’s Naugatuck Valley, known during the
nineteenth century as the “Switzerland of America.” Sister company Waterbury
Watch manufactured the first inexpensive mechanical pocket watch in 1880.
During World War I, Waterbury began making wristwatches, which had only just
become popular, and in 1933 it made history by creating the first Mickey Mouse
clock under license from Walt Disney, with Mickey’s hands pointing the time.
During World War II, Waterbury renamed itself U.S. Time Company. In 1950 the
company introduced a wristwatch called the Timex. Over the next three decades,
Timex was sold through a series of advertisements which emphasized its
durability by putting the watch through “torture tests,” such as falling over
the Grand Coulee Dam or being strapped to the propeller of an outboard motor,
with the slogan “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.” With the help of
former Olympic broadcaster, spokesman John Cameron Swayze, sales took off. The
company later became Timex Corporation, then Timex Group and, to date, has
sold over one billion watches. The company has remained very competitive and
the Timex brand continues its dominance through present day. Its primary
market remains the United States and Canada, although the Timex brand is sold
worldwide due to its ability to capitalize on its strong brand image and
reputation for quality. One of the most successful and important features
available on many Timex watches is the Indiglo backlight system. Indiglo is a
brand name of Indiglo Corporation, solely owned by Timex for licensing
purposes. Timex electroluminescent lamps, branded Indiglo, were introduced in
1992 in the Ironman watch line. They were an immediate success. The Indiglo
lamp uniformly lights the surface of the Timex’s watch dials in a manner that
makes the dial read very easily in many different light settings. In some
newer watches the Indiglo backlight only lights up the numbers, rather than
the entire LCD display, which is achieved by means of a specialized film that
inverts the LCD transmissivity. Today, Timex Group products are manufactured
in the Far East and in Switzerland often based on technology that continues to
be developed in the United States and in Germany. With a large and varied line
of watches, Timex has the style for everyone. From the locker room to the
board room, there is a great Timex style time-piece for you. See all Product
- Clean Sport Design
- Sports Stopwatch with 10 Lap Memory
- Countdown Timer & Alarm
- Durable Resin Strap with Buckle Closure
- Indiglo Light-Up Watch Dial
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): in general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not diving
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 6.9 x 2.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: TW5K93800
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues. International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Brand, Seller, or Collection Name: Timex
- Model number: TW5K93800
- Part Number: TW5K938009J
- Item Shape: Round
- Dial window material type: Acrylic
- Display Type: Digital
- Clasp: Buckle
- Case material: Stainless steel
- Case diameter: 42 millimeters
- Case Thickness: 12 millimeters
- Band Material: Resin
- Band length: Men's Standard
- Band width: 18 millimeters
- Band Color: Black
- Dial color: Gray
- Bezel material: Resin
- Bezel function: Stationary
- Calendar: Day, date, and month
- Special features: Chronograph
- Item weight: 3.20 Ounces
- Movement: Japanese Quartz
- Water resistant depth: 330 Feet
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.