From School Library Journal PreS—Childhood is a time full of potential, and
Martin celebrates this promise in this work. The general premise of Dr.
Seuss’s classic, Oh, The Places You’ll Go is pared down to elegant simplicity.
“Will you stand up for good/By saving the day?/Or play a song only you/Know
how to play?” While the rhyming text falters a bit in spots, the word choice
overall is spare, inspiring, and accessible to preschoolers. Children are
encouraged to be kind, clever, and bold, to take care of the small, and to
help things grow. Martin’s oil paintings have the same retro, mid-century feel
as her other illustrations, with large-eyed children of many ethnicities
playing, gardening, and sharing together. VERDICT A go-to gift for new
parents, and a potential bedtime favorite for many children.—Martha Link
Yesowitch, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, NC Read more Review “Her children
are so serious… and so unflappable… that they convey not just hope for the
future, but a sense of manifest destiny.” — Publishers Weekly starred
review“Sweet but not saccharine and singsong but not forced, Martin’s text is
one that will invite rereadings as it affirms parental wishes for children
while admirably keeping child readers at its heart.”—Kirkus starred review
Read more See all Editorial Reviews
- Age Range: 3 – 7 years
- Grade Level: Preschool – 2
- Lexile Measure: AD520L (What's this?)
- Hardcover: 36 pages
- Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers; 1 edition (August 25, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0385376715
- ISBN-13: 16
- Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 0.3 x 10.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.