About the Author Larry Newman is the Founder and Director of Children’s Music
Workshop. He holds a Bachelor of Music Education, cum laude degree from Temple
University’s College of Music, a California teaching credential and a Master
of Arts in Music Performance from Eastern Illinois University. Formerly an
instrumental music teacher in the Philadelphia School District, Los Angeles
Unified School District, and Santa Monica-Malibu Public Schools, Mr. Newman
has supervised music programs in more than eighty public and private
institutions from the Kindergarten through college levels. His rich diversity
of experience includes schools from East L.A. to Malibu and from South Central
L.A. to the San Fernando Valley. Larry Newman was the recipient of the Academy
of Television Arts and Sciences’ 62nd Annual Los Angeles area Emmy award for
Children/Youth Programming. Mr Newman wrote, directed and produced the All
Schools Elementary Honor Orchestra shows which have aired nationally and
feature students from more than two dozen Children’s Music Workshop school
programs. This was Mr. Newman’s third Emmy win. He also received Emmys in 2009
and 2008 for those honor orchestra broadcasts and was most recently nominated
in 2011 for a fourth Emmy for Orchestra Kids 2010. In 2009, Mr. Newman was
honored by the Los Angeles City Council at City Hall for his contributions to
music education in Los Angeles. He was also featured on CityView’s Channel 35
series, “Faces of LA”. Mr. Newman received the 2006 Lori Petrick Excellence in
Education Award from the Palisades Charter Schools Foundation. The award is
underwritten by the Boone Foundation – a philanthropic group whose mission is
to support “passionate people who provide excellent programs to youth”. Larry
Newman was also one of 40 teachers nominated for the 2007 25th Annual BRAVO
Award, established in 1982 by the Music Center of Los Angeles County to
recognize individuals for innovation and excellence in arts education. Mr.
Newman is author of the Recorder Fun Book – one of the top classroom recorder
methods in the country. It is used in hundreds of elementary schools
throughout the United States. He is also the author of the Violin Fun Book and
Beginning Band Fun Books – group method books used in all Children’s Music
Workshop music programs. For more information, please visit
- Paperback: 66 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (January 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1467924997
- ISBN-13: 93
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- #14 in Folk & Traditional Music (Books)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.