The pure original zaatar comes from the Middle East.
There are many versions but all genuine zaatars are a combination of hyssop,
sumac and sesame. Some use olive oil like this one, some don’t use it like the
Lebanese, some add red chili peppers and so on. The hyssop, also referred to
in the Middle East as the zaatar bush, has gotten its name from giving the
unique smell and flavor of the zaatar blend. It is so strong that people used
to think zaatar is an herb and not a blend. Outside the Middle East, in an
attempt to create the zaatar with availble herbs, they started using thyme as
a substitute. The new zaatar with thyme originated in Europe and then to the
states. The hyssop is the herb that traditional medicine doctors refer to as
natural antibiotics, as it is said to be so powerful. Many kids from the
Middle East, eat soft cheese with zaatar every morning as a custom that
according to traditional medicine protected the children from illness and
infections that were commonly spread. Zaatar have a lot of different ways to
write it, Za’atar, Zatar, Zahatar, Za Atar, but they all mean the same
magnificant spice blend. Perfect for sprinkling on Pita and baked goods –
recipes below Zaatar is traditionaly made with hyssop and sumac All natural
ingredients – contains genuine Hyssop. We grow the hyssop and use the sun to
dry it to achieve maximum conservation of nutrients. The sumac is freshly
grounded and no preservatives or agents are used in any of our processes.
HYSSOP This popular Middle Eastern spice blend adds a unique savory flavor to
baked goods, cheese spreads, salads, poultry and dips. Dazzle your family and
friends with this simple to use spice that will upgrade any party with it’s
unique and exotic flavor. Just add or sprinkle on top – and you are done.
Ingredients: Hyssop, Sesame Seeds, Sumac, Salt. Read more MULTIPURPOSE SPICE
BLEND So many uses for zaatar. Add oilve oil and make a spread out of it. Use
proportions to taste and just apply on dough, chicken or just dip bread into.
Also, you can also just sprinkle on top of a soft cheese or a cheese you
applied on bread. So easy with so many benefits. GENERAL ZA’ATAR RECIPE: Mix
2 tbsp Za’atar and 1 tbsp olive oil Apply evenly on slices of bread Put in the
oven at 350F for 15 min. Enjoy Read more THE SPICE WAY ZAATAR PRODUCT LINE
Real Zaatar This is the traditional real zaatar with hyssop, sumac, sesame
seeds, olive oil and a bit of salt. This is the most common zaatar in his true
form with authentic ingredients. Traditional Lebanese Zaatar This version
represents the way they prepare authentic zaatar in Lebanon. It has the same
ingredients of the Real Zaatar, but they do not add oil to the blend which
makes it dry. It is very common to add the olive oil before eating, but this
also enables you to determine the oil’s quantity you add. Real Zaatar with
Garlic This version of the zaatar has the same traditional ingredients, but
with a twist in the form of added garlic. This blend offers a wonderful garlic
taste that adds a lot of flavor when cooking with it. Jaffa Zaatar This
version is commonly made in Jaffa. It has the same base as the real zaatar,
but with an addition of Chickpeas, Cumin and Coriander. This is a really rich
blend that is worth a try. Read more OUR STORY We grow our spices and herbs
using traditional methods, handpicked and sun-dried. Herbs grown in the Spice
Way farm ensuring the quality of a farm to table experience. By growing and
blending our products, we make sure no additives, no preservatives, no
fillers, just spices we grow, dry and blend on our farm. Read more
- WHAT IS LEBANESE ZA'ATAR – The Lebanese Za'atar has been used for centuries with hyssop that loves growing in the Middle-Eastern weather. The Hyssop is traditionally considered to have extensive health benefits. When absent, sometime spice merchants use Thyme as a cheaper alternative.
- FARM TO TABLE – The Spice Way farm grows herbs and spices using traditional methods including sundry and handpick to ensure high quality.
- DON'T SETTLE FOR SUBSTITUTES – contains genuine Hyssop grown in our farm, also known as the Za'atar herb.
- HOW TO USE – Upgrades your dips and salads with an exotic savory taste. Very easy to use by adding olive oil and use as a dip, sprinkle on soft cheese or humus or just add to salad.
- A TRADITIONAL RECIPE – we are using our vast 30 years of experience to master the right ingredients and proportions of this traditional blend.
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- #9 in Ground Pepper
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.