Size:French Jar This type of cinnamon is one of the four main types of
cinnamon used for cooking. Also known as Indonesian cinnamon or Padang Cassia,
this type of cinnamon only grows in Indonesia and is the most common type used
in North America.To produce cinnamon, a tree is grown for about 2 years.
Afterwards, it is chopped down to a stump, from which dozens of small shoots
will spring up. The shoots are allowed to mature and thicken to about two
inches in diameter. After the green outer bark is shaved off the inner bark is
bruised and struck evenly until it releases from the heart of the wood. This
inner bark is then removed in large sheets, cut into strips, and air-dried.
These strips are then curled into quills of cinnamon that are then further
dried in ovens or by baking them outside under the sun.One of the oldest
spices in the world, it has long been considered a medicinal plant. With a
deep color, strong flavor and a sharp, bitter edge that goes well with coffee.
- PRODUCTION: cinnamon, a tree is grown for about 2 years.
- FLAVOR: With a deep color, strong flavor and a sharp, bitter edge that goes well with coffee.
- USE: The most common way cinnamon is used as Cinnamon powder for baking pastries, sprinkled on coffee or tea and just mixed with honey and eaten direct. The quills and chips are used for making chai tea blends, pickling spice blends, or in mixology. Also put in a simmering pot of cider or wine to mull.
- STORAGE: Cinnamon should be kept in a tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark and dry place. Ground cinnamon will keep for about six months. Alternatively, you can extend their shelf life by storing them in the refrigerator. To check to see if it is still fresh, smell the cinnamon. If it does not smell sweet, it is no longer fresh and should be discarded.
- Item Weight: 6.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- UPC: 846836019522
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- #144 in Cinnamon
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.