Flavor:Tellicherry Malabar whole black peppercorns are considered the best
black Peppercorns, they are left on the vine longer so they develop a deep,
rich flavor. The berries are picked from the vine just before they fully ripen
and turn red. As they are dried, they turn black. Tellicherry pepper has a
full, robust flavor. Pepper gets its spicy heat mostly from the piperine
compound, which is found both in the outer fruit and in the seed. Black pepper
contains between 4.6% and 9.7% piperine by mass, and white pepper slightly
more than that. Refined piperine, by weight, is about one percent as hot as
the capsaicin in chili peppers. The outer fruit layer, left on black pepper,
also contains important odor-contributing terpenes including pinene, sabinene,
limonene, caryophyllene, and linalool, which give citrusy, woody, and floral
notes. These scents are mostly missing in white pepper, which is stripped of
the fruit layer. Pepper loses flavor and aroma through evaporation, so
airtight storage helps preserve pepper’s original spiciness longer. Pepper can
also lose flavor when exposed to light, which can transform piperine into
nearly tasteless isochavicine. Once ground, pepper’s aromatics can evaporate
quickly; most culinary sources recommend grinding whole peppercorns
immediately before use for this reason.
- BLACK TELLICHERRY PEPPERCORN: Whether youre looking for personalized gifts for the Pepper lovers in your life or youre looking for delicious black tellicherry peppercorns, these will sure be a hit!
- QUALITY: This is some of the best superior quality peppercorns on the market today and probably the last peppers you will need to ever try! Our black tellicherry peppercorns come from the western Malabar Coast of southern India and are grown on the sunny slopes of Mt. Tellicherry.
- DELICIOUS TASTE: peppercorns are left on the vine longer, allowing them to grow larger and develop a rich, clean, aromatic flavor with deeper citrus and floral notes. We also sell them in a resealable bag as air, heat, and light are the enemy of freshness with peppercorns.
- FOR USES: Ground black pepper is used in Chinese and Thai cuisine, but also in salads, cream sauces, light-coloured sauces, and mashed potatoes (where black pepper would visibly stand out). Black Tellicherry Peppercorns have a different flavor from black pepper; it lacks certain compounds present in the outer layer of the drupe.
- OTHER USES: The strong aroma of Black Tellicherry Peppercorns adds depth when incorporated into a rub for beef or pork roasts. Use whole, crushed or ground for extra snap in recipes calling for black or green peppercorns.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 2 x 4 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- UPC: 846836006768
- #516 in Peppercorns
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.