From the Back Cover Based on Pierre Boulle’s novel La planète des singes, the
original Planet of the Apes was one of the most celebrated films of the 1960s
and beyond. Starring Hollywood icons Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowall, the
science-fiction movie sparked a franchise that included eight sequels, two
television series, and a long-running comic book. Now, in celebration of the
fiftieth anniversary, New York Times bestselling author J. W. Rinzler tells
the exciting, and largely unknown, story of this legendary Hollywood
production.With a foreword by Fraser Heston, Charlton Heston’s son, The Making
of Planet of the Apes is an entertaining, informative experience that will
transport readers back to the strange alternate Earth ruled by apes, and bring
to life memorable characters such as Cornelius, Dr. Zira, Dr. Zaius, and
Taylor. Meticulously researched and designed to capture the look and
atmosphere of the film, The Making of Planet of the Apes explores behind-the-
scenes tales, newly discovered details, and offers exclusive, never-before-
seen photographs and concept art—including rare journal pages and sketches
from Charlton Heston’s private collection—as well as unit photography,
posters, and more unique ephemera.Comprehensive in scope, The Making of Planet
of the Apes is the definitive look at the original blockbuster film, a must-
have for fans, film buffs, and collectors alike. Read more About the Author J.
W. Rinzler served for over a decade as executive editor at Lucasfilm Ltd., and
is the author ofThe Making of Star Wars, The Complete Making of Indiana Jones,
a London Times bestseller, and the 1 New York Times bestselling graphic novel
The Star Wars, adapted from George Lucas’s original rough draft. He directed
the animated short Riddle of the Black Cat and has recently written a
historical novel about the Space Age—All Up. He lives on the northern
California coast. Follow him on Twitter @jwrinzler or visit his website:
jwrinzler.com. Read more
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Harper Design (October 23, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062840622
- ISBN-13: 22
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 1.2 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.7 pounds
- #40 in Video Direction & Production (Books)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.