From School Library Journal Gr 5 Up—This full-color graphic novel is a treat
for fans of the original Nintendo video game. A note about the comics
indicates that the “story loosely follows the original plot of the video game
with a few characters and twists that have been added to preserve the element
of surprise and dramatic flow.” Changes are subtle in this adaptation, but
true fans of the game might wish for Link’s weapons, which saved him so many
times in the video game, such as the arrows that are missing from his arsenal.
While Link represented the person behind the joystick in the game, he has more
personality on the printed page. He is unsure of himself as he embarks on his
mission to rescue Princess Zelda. Along the way, he meets a cast of
characters, each taking him one step closer to completing his quest. Full-page
artwork mixed with panels bring the action alive and sets the stage well for
the story. At times, the pacing moves quickly across the panels, adding an
element that is pleasing to the eye and that allows the action to flow easily.
While the game builds and makes the rescue dramatic, this narrative doesn’t
have quite the same crescendo. VERDICT For upper middle grade and young teens
who are avid gamers.—Karen Alexander, Lake Fenton High School, Linden, MI Read
more About the Author Legendary manga artist Shotaro Ishinomori achieved
worldwide renown for his series Cyborg 009. Co-founder of the animation
production company Studio Zero, he is also well known for creating franchise
television series such as Kamen Rider and Kikaider. Read more
- Paperback: 196 pages
- Publisher: Viz Media (May 5, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 4
- ISBN-13: 14
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 0.4 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.