To mark 30 years since the release of U2’s fifth studio album The Joshua Tree,
an anniversary edition of the seminal record will be released by Island
Records on June 2nd, 2017.Alongside the 11-track album, the super deluxe
collector’s edition includes a live recording of The Joshua Tree Tour 1987
Madison Square Garden concert; rarities and B-sides from the album’s original
recording sessions; as well as 2017 remixes from Daniel Lanois, St Francis
Hotel, Jacknife Lee, Steve Lillywhite and Flood; plus an 84-page hardback book
of unseen personal photography shot by The Edge during the original Mojave
Desert photo session in 1986.Released to universal acclaim on March 9th, 1987
and featuring hit singles ‘With Or Without You’, ‘I Still Haven’t Found What
I’m Looking For’ and ‘Where The Streets Have No Name’, The Joshua Tree went to
1 in the U.K, U.S., Ireland and around the world, selling in excess of 25
million albums, and catapulting Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen
Jr ‘…from heroes to superstars’ (Rolling Stone). Time Magazine put U2 on its
cover in April 1987, proclaiming them ‘Rock’s Hottest Ticket’ and the 12
months that followed saw U2 create iconic moments including the traffic-
stopping Grammy Award-winning ‘Where The Streets Have No Name’ video on the
roof of a Los Angeles liquor store, and go on to win a BRIT Award and two
Grammys – including Album of the Year – their first of 22 received to date; as
well as a triumphant return home for four unforgettable shows in Belfast,
Dublin and Cork in the summer of 1987.This collector’s boxset includes:-The
Joshua Tree 2007-Live from Madison Square Garden 1987-The Joshua Tree 2017
Remixes-The Joshua Tree B-Sides & OuttakesThe Joshua Tree Photographs by The
Edge. An 84-page hardback book of personal never-before seen photography by
The Edge, taken during the original Mojave Desert Joshua Tree shoot, 1986 and
a folio of 8 rare 12′ Anton Corbijn colour prints.
- Audio CD (June 2, 2017)
- Super Deluxe Edition edition
- Original Release Date: June 2, 2017
- Number of Discs: 4
- Format: Box set
- Note on Boxed Sets: During shipping, discs in boxed sets occasionally become dislodged without damage. Please examine and play these discs. If you are not completely satisfied, we'll refund or replace your purchase.
- Label: Island
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.