The Crecy was one of the most decisive battles of the 100 Years War. After the
battle of Sluys, Edward III landed in Normandy in July 1346 with about 10,000
men. The French pursued. Edward III decided to halt near Crecy in Normandy and
to prepare for battle the next day. However, the French vanguard made contact
and started to attack without the benefit of a plan. The French made as many
as 15 attacks and the English checked each one in turn, primarily thanks to
the English long bowmen. In the end, the French were decimated and the English
had a decisive victory. The Crecy is one type of sword that would have seen
service on both sides during the 100 Years War. Oakeshott describes the Type
XVIa as having a long, tapering blade, broad at the hilt, with a sharp, often
reinforced, point. The Crecy is a fine example of a later period epee de
guerre, or war sword, a refinement of the earlier XIIa in response to changes
in the armor of the period.
- FULL TANG TEMPERED BATTLE READY SWORD / Razor Sharp Edge Blade by Warrior Replicas
- Overall Size: 45-1/2″ , Blade Size: 35-1/2″, Blade width: 1-13/16″ , Blade Thickness: 3/16″ ,
- Blade material: 1065/1095 High Carbon Steel , Blade: Full Tang, Razor Sharp Edge
- BONUS: Sword Frog / Scabbard : Leather
- Weight W/O Scabbard: 3 lbs 0 oz , Weight W/Scabbard: 3 lbs 10 oz
- Shipping Weight: 7 pounds
- Item model number: SG_B00H8CQYT4_US
- #83 in Martial Arts Swords
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.