The importance of your liver health can’t be overstated.
As an essential organ and blood purifier, your liver works non-stop to cleanse
your blood of toxins at an astounding rate of 1 quart per minute to keep your
body healthy and functioning. Milk thistle promotes the process of drawing
toxins out of the body, which is why Swanson’s Premium Milk Thistle capsules
are an important addition to your health and wellness regimen. What is Milk
Thistle? Known as a powerful liver tonic, milk thistle (Silybum marianum) is a
flowering plant and a close relative of both daisies and ragweed. Originating
from the Mediterranean region, milk thistle has been in use for thousands of
years due to its incredible health benefits: it is believed that milk thistle
was used in ancient Greece and Rome for those seeking its liver boosting
effects. Milk thistle supports the detoxification capability of the liver with
the help of the flavonoid silymarin. Benefits of Silymarin Milk thistle
seeds are one of the richest natural sources of silymarin. Silymarin is
composed of many active compounds called flavonolignans which fight back
against toxins that try to bind to cell receptors. Silymarin may also guard
against the depletion of glutathione, a highly beneficial antioxidant. Milk
Thistle and Your Liver Environmental metals such as lead, mercury, aluminum,
arsenic and various others can be toxic to your health. Found in foods, our
water supply, and even the air, heavy metals can be hard to avoid, and long-
term exposure to them can cause a host of unpleasant health issues. In some
cases, heavy metals can negatively affect nervous system function, brain
function and other vital organs. Because of this impact on your health,
support against these heavy metals is critical. Milk thistle promotes the
liver’s ability to protect itself and slow free radical formation accelerated
by heavy metal presence within the bloodstream. These statements have not
been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read more Liver
Function Support and More Milk thistle has been sought after for thousands of
years due to its ability to boost liver function and more. Its active
component, silymarin, is thought to provide the vast majority of its health
and wellness benefits. Aside from promoting the liver’s ability to detoxify
the body, milk thistle is excellent for boosting antioxidant function. Read
more Features Silymarin A substance known as silymarin found within the seeds
of the flowering milk thistle plant is a main active component of milk thistle
and a powerful antioxidant that promotes the neutralization of harmful free
radicals within the body, which in turn supports detoxification. Although
liver support is believed to be the primary health and wellness benefit of
silymarin, it is currently being researched for a number of other ways in
which it may be helpful, including promoting a healthy weight and a robust
defense against seasonal woes. Read more 1 gram of Milk Thistle (Per 2
capsule serving, 500 mg per capsule) Features milk thistle (Silybum marianum)
with naturally-occurring silymarin to boost liver health and antioxidant
function. With 500 mg per serving, these milk thistle capsules offer powerful
and economical support. Read more INNOVATION AND RESEARCH At Swanson, we get
it! Nutrition and exercise needs can change due to lifestyle, environment,
work, illness, age and more. Our products are inspired by clinical research
and backed by scientific consensus. Each is formatted to deliver the highest
quality ingredients with minimal environmental impact. Our nutritional
supplements and wellness products are trusted by healthcare practitioners and
consumers worldwide. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food
and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat,
cure or prevent any disease. SCIENCE-BACKED SINCE 1969 Our story began in
Fargo, North Dakota, when a man with a passion for golf was looking to lessen
his joint pain. His research into the benefits of vitamins and supplements
nurtured a deep commitment to wellness at every age and a desire to share his
findings with others. In 1969, our first product was vitamin E to support
cardiovascular health and antioxidant activity to neutralize free radicals.
Today, we offer thousands of innovative, science-backed wellness solutions
that help people live SIMPLY HEALTHIER TOGETHER. GMP-VERIFIED MANUFACTURER
Swanson products reflect our commitment to quality and service. Every product
you purchase is made from the purest, freshest nutrients and meets the highest
quality standards. Our facilities are Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
certified, plus purity and potency testing includes independent third-party
labs. Our products are inspired by clinical research backed by scientific
consensus. Each is formulated to deliver the highest quality with the lowest
environmental impact. Read more
- ULTIMATE LIVER HEALTH: Support the liver as it works to protect your body from oxidative stress and damage by neutralizing free radicals and toxins
- FULL SPECTRUM: Milk thistle seed extract is an herbal remedy with high levels of silymarin, a group of plant compounds known for powerful antioxidant and healthy cholesterol level promoting properties
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS: 500mg per pill of antioxidant support derived from milk thistle (silybum marianum); the minimally processed, non GMO ingredients are also free of preservatives, dairy, soy and nuts
- SAFE MANUFACTURING: Swanson is committed to providing you with high quality products you can trust; as such, we have voluntary certification by NSF for Good Manufacturing Practices
- DOSAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Adults, take two capsules two to three times a day with water; consult with a physician before using if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- UPC: 087614019666 876140560816
- Item model number: P31217
- #46 in Milk Thistle Herbal Supplements
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.