Review From the Inside FlapThis book follows the journey of many of STAR
TREK’s most famous ships, from concept sketch to screen. The designers reveal
– in their own words – the often extraordinary stories behind the ships’
creation. Read the story of the U.S.S. Voyager – a ship that drew inspiration
from a killer whale; Syd Mead’s fantastic living machine V’Ger; and the
development of Doug Drexler’s Enterprise-J – the most futuristic starship
ever.Discover the inside story on key ships from the TV series STAR TREK, STAR
TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, DEEP SPACE NINE, VOYAGER, and ENTERPRISE, and the
movies STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK,
STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT, STAR TREK: INSURRECTION, and STAR TREK NEMESIS. Read
more About the Author Ben Robinson is best known as the man behind Eaglemoss’s
Official Star Trek Starships collection, which in the last three years has
become the largest and best-regarded collections of model Star Trek ships ever
produced. He has been involved with Star Trek for 20 years. Ben was the launch
editor of the hugely succesful Star Trek Fact Files reference work, which sold
over 50 million units. Then he went on to edit the US Star Trek: The Magazine,
which ran between 1999 and 2003. He has co-written two Haynes Manuals, the
first featuring all seven Enterprises, and the second focusing on the Klingon
Bird-of-Prey. Ben is particularly passionate about the writing, design, and
visual effects behind the series. In the last two decades he has conducted
extensive interviews with many of the most significant figures in the history
of Star Trek from Dorothy Fontana and Matt Jefferies to Michael Piller, Ira
Steven Behr, Ron D. Moore, and Bryan Fuller. Read more See all Editorial
- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Hero Collector (January 8, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1858755328
- ISBN-13: 28
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 0.8 x 11.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- #159 in Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Television
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.