Size:1LB Bulk Our Organic Ground Allspice is, despite common misconception,
not a mixture of spices, but made from a single dried unripen fruit like berry
with unique aromatic qualities and spicy-sweetness that is reminiscent of
cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. This all-natural spice boasts a deliciously
unique flavor profile that allows it to accentuate the savory flavor of meat
dishes, as well as enhance the natural tastes of all sorts of desserts. As
with all our products, this gluten-free premium spice has been sourced fresh
to maximize its cooking quality. Believed to have only grown in Jamaica for
centuries, this was introduced to the rest of the world by Christopher
Columbus, who had allegedly mistaken the tiny brown balls for peppercorns.
After returning from his voyage the spice quickly took hold in 16th century
European and Mediterranean cuisines, where it was celebrated for its versatile
use and ability to replicate the beloved trio of clove, cinnamon, nutmeg. In
fact, the spice was so similar in flavor to these known spices that, according
to legend, the early English decided that it had to be a mixtureÉ giving it
its name ÒAllspiceÓ. A great option for using allspice at home is to take
advantage of its most popular usage, the Caribbean style ÒJerkÓ seasoning. The
traditional use, of which, calls for nothing but allspice and peppers used to
dry rub or marinade meat (usually chicken or pork) prior to cooking. Other
great ways to use the spice are adding a bit to your next stew, stir-fry, or
even smoothie! Another specific usage, is the spices unique aroma and taste
that are able to deliciously transform the often blandness of pumpkin and
squash dishes. Overall the flavors are extremely versatile and mix beautifully
with savory meat dishes as well as your favorite desserts, so get creative!
Try making a spiced cheesecake, add a ridiculously-mouth-watering layer of
flavor to your next liver pate, or bring your quinoa game to the next level by
adding a dash to your next pot!
- Certified ORGANIC spices, herbs and seasonings processed in a nut free and soy free facility
- NON GMO; All of our methods, are completely compatible with the full USDA Organic standard, while managing to meet or surpass strict FDA regulated safety standards
- GLUTEN FREE gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings crafted in small batches
- PURE INGREDIENTS with NO IRRIDIATION, ZERO ADDITIVES, salts, sugars and anti-caking agents
- VEGETARIAN, VEGAN gourmet herbs, spices and seasonings crafted in small batches
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 4 x 11 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- UPC: 826998011862
- #130 in Allspice
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.