Slap History The Walker Family is proud to produce their
line of top quality Cajun seasonings and recipes in their hometown of Ville
Platte, Louisiana. The self-proclaimed smoked meats capital of the world,
Ville Platte is also world famous for its modern-day jousting tournament, the
incomparable Floyd’s Record Shop, and the magnificent Chicot State Park. It’s
a magical place, no doubt—even by Louisiana’s high standards. It was here,
back in 1956, that Wilda Marie Fontenot Walker gave birth to Anthony Walker
(affectionately known by friends and family as “TW”), the one-of-a-kind
creator and sole originator of the award winning Slap Ya Mama brand
seasoning—recommended for everything from popcorn to popcorn shrimp, breakfast
to late night snacks, and gourmet foods to French fries. To this day, TW has
never once slapped his mama. To tell you the truth, he never even thought
about it. Here’s how the story goes. While running the Walker family deli, TW
started his search for a seasoning that had a real Cajun pepper taste without
the heavy salt content of the national brands. When he couldn’t find one, he
did what folks in this part of the country (and in particular, Ville Platte)
do best—he went to work and dreamed one up. Walker & Sons TW’s sons, Jack and
Joe, were very young back then, and they loved rolling around and causing
general bouts of mayhem, as kids of that age often do. So the Walkers put
their boys to work rolling an antique glass pickle jar around the floor of the
family deli for the express purpose of mixing their homegrown Cajun
seasoning—the perfect combination of work and play, if ever there was one.
Everybody loved the Walkers’ Cajun seasoning so much, that pretty soon it
needed a name. To the folks who came into the deli asking to take home the
Cajun seasoning, TW would often proclaim,”When you use this seasoning, the
food tastes so good, you’ll receive a loving slap on the back and a kiss on
the cheek for creating such a great tasting Cajun dish.” And that’s how the
Walker & Son’s Cajun brand Slap Ya Mama was born in the proud Cajun town of
Ville Platte, Louisiana. Read more SLAP YA MAMA Products CAJUN ETOUFFEE Slap
Ya Mama Cajun Etouffee Sauce is an authentic down home etouffee base that is
so much like our grandmother’s, you’d swear we have Wilda Marie in the back
cooking up batches by the tons…from scratch. SEAFOOD BOIL Our seafood boil is
a unique blend of spices that will enhance any food you might throw in a pot
of boiling water. With a Cajun flavor like no other and less sodium than most,
Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil is something to behold. CAJUN SEASONINGS
Featured Product: Experience the three pillars of Slap Ya Mama that started it
all. Our Original Blend of seasonings, our Hot Blend of Cajun zesty flavors,
and our White Pepper Blend for those who want a better kick outside of
ordinary black pepper. Read more CAJUN HOT SAUCES Our hot sauces are
bursting with Cajun heat and flavor. It’s perfect for all of your favorite
dishes and will make your taste buds come alive with that Cajun zest. Here at
Slap Ya Mama, we really like to use it as a topping for our pizza. We also
like to drown our eggs in the morning with it. DINNER MIXES Here at Slap Ya
Mama we understand not everyone has the time to cook or even knows where to
start cooking a traditional Cajun meal so we took a few traditional Cajun
dishes and made it possible for you to provide your family and friends with an
authentic Cajun meal. Whether you want to make Red Beans & Rice, Gumbo or
Jambalaya, all of these meals are designed to be prepared in a very short
amount of time and with incredible ease! CAJUN FISH FRY Our fish fry is an
authentic Cajun fry batter that will give your food the perfect color, the
perfect crunch and add an incredible Cajun flavor to almost any fried dish.
Here at Slap Ya Mama, we not only like to fry fish using this batter but we
also like to fry pork chops with it. You might want to try it with onion rings
and French fries as well. Read more
- SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE: This set includes an 8 ounce can of the Original Slap Ya Mama Cajun Blend and an 8 ounce can of the Hot Blend!
- CAJUN SEASONING CAN: Slap Ya Mama's Original Blend Cajun Seasoning is a great mixture of spices that can be used on any dish. Not too spicy and full of flavor, everyone will love how it enhances their food!
- HOT CAJUN SEASONING CAN: Slap Ya Mama's Hot Blend of spicy seasoning is sure to set your mouth on fire, but at the same time it will add that unique Cajun cooking flavor to any dish
- ALL NATURAL: This product is all natural, MSG free, and kosher
- FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS: Slap Ya Mama has been crafting top of the line quality cajun seasonings and recipes from Ville Platte, Louisiana for decades.
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
- UPC: 766789809431 656103003075
- #2 in Cajun Seasonings
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.