Product description LIMP BIZKIT SIGNIFICANT OTHER Florida-bred
metal-rappers Limp Bizkit sold a million-plus records of their debut largely
on the strength of a George Michael cover song. But the band indeed had
“Faith” and the group’s second outing proves that the Bizkit have the goods.
Still, it seems as if boastful frontman Fred Durst is loading the band’s deck
again, this time by including scads of guest vocalists, such as Stone Temple
Pilots’ singer Scott Weiland, Method Man from Wu-Tang Clan, and Korn’s
Jonathan Davis. (In fact, Korn gave Limp Bizkit a leg up in the industry.) But
the 16 diverse yet cohesive tracks on Significant Other don’t need any help.
Not as heavy as their mentors Korn–or as they are on their debut–Bizkit give
Everlast a run for his money on the tuneful and appealing “Rearranged.” “Just
Like This” is another winning hip-hop and rock entry, while the amusing and
memorable “Nookie” (as in “I did it all for the nookie”) has self-deprecating
lyrics not unlike the Offspring’s “Self-Esteem.” Bizkit segues with ease from
pleasing rock and hip-hop amalgam to spooky Tool territory on “Don’t Go Off
Wandering” to moshable moments in the entreaty “Show Me What You Got.”
Significant Other may be hard to categorize, but it’s easy to like.
- Audio CD (June 22, 1999)
- Original Release Date: June 22, 1999
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Explicit Lyrics, Enhanced
- Label: Flip
- #65 in Rap Rock (CDs & Vinyl)
- #363 in American Alternative Rock
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.