Butterfly Milkweed Grow Butterfly Milkweed from fresh
Asclepias tuberosa flower seeds. Butterfly Milkweed, also known as “Butterfly
Weed” will produce beautiful clusters of orange flowers. The plants themselves
grow to a mature height of about 18 to 30 inches tall. The Butterfly Milkweed
is known for attracting an array of beneficial insects such as bumblebees,
lady bugs, hummingbirds and most importantly the endangered Monarch butterfly.
Butterfly Milkweed is grown as a perennial flowering plant which will return
each year from it’s deeply established root system. Asclepias is very
important to the Monarch butterfly as it is categorized as a host plant. The
caterpillars will enjoy it’s large, tender leaves and adult Monarchs, as well
as many other butterflies look to it for it’s rich source of nectar. The
Butterfly Milkweed can be grown with other varieties such as the Showy
Milkweed, Swamp Milkweed & Common Milkweed. Monarch butterflies occupied much
of North America in the many years prior to 2015. Recently, studies have shown
that their numbers have dwindled by nearly 96% over the decades, leaving them
hanging on the edge of endangerment. This migratory species is exposed to
numerous threats along it’s pilgrimage, but the greatest threat that it faces
is the decrease in Milkweed plants available. Purchase Asclepias seeds now to
help prevent any further decline in the Monarch population. Together we can
all help to increase the number of these lovely orange & black creatures that
so many of us adore. Why Choose Seed Needs? Seed Needs was established in 2010
as a family owned and operated business, and remains the same to date. All
Seed Needs products are manufactured and sold within the United States. The
vast majority of seeds that are processed and packaged through Seed Needs are
produced from open pollinated plants, and are viable to a high percentage of
70% to 90%. Each and every packet is hand filled, never passing through a
machine for filling. All seeds are intended for the current and the following
growing season and are kept in a temperature controlled facility, only to be
packaged when the demand is high.
- Quality Milkweed seeds packaged by Seed Needs. This packet measures 3.25" wide by 4.50" tall and come with a full colored illustration on the front side, as well as detailed sowing instructions on the reverse.
- Butterfly Milkweed will grow to a mature height of roughly 18 to 30 inches tall.
- Milkweed will attract all sorts of butterflies, including the beloved but near endangered Monarch butterflies.
- Butterfly Milkweed is categorized as a perennial flowering plant and will return yearly.
- All Milkweed seeds sold by Seed Needs are Non-GMO based seed products and are intended for the current, and the following growing season. All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity.
- Package Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 0 inches
- Item Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Manufacturer: Seed Needs
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.