Size:6 Pack Rega Brand true Italian San Marzano Tomatoes, DOP Certified. Whole
tomatoes with basil. Imported from Italy. The AGRICONSERVE REGA Soc. Coop.
Agr. canned food company with offices and plant in Striano (NAPLES) Italy, was
born in the 1987 with “STRIANESE” and “REGA” brand, following the long
experience since 1965. After all of these years accumulated in the fields,
through their ancestors, that were farmers, they were suppliers of fresh San
Marzano tomatoes to the canned tomatoes industries in the Sarnese Nocerino
Area The Rega family decided to start tomato manufacturing and the first
tomatoes they packed were the SAN MARZANO. By Rega family standards, only the
tomatoes from this small plot of land named Sarnese Nocerino Area, were the
best ones; the reasons are linked to the vicinity of the foot of Vesuvius,
which in the last eruption conferred to the lands an extraordinary fertility;
to the climate and to the several small sources of pure water; these sources
born from the Sarno Valley and the basin of Lavorate; it goes across the whole
area and the farmers use that water to irrigate the lands. All of these
reasons, make this part of the Campania Region the natural habitat for a
supreme quality of San Marzano tomato DOP. Right in this oasis of fertility is
where the Rega’s established, in 1999, a new modern industrial complex that
extends to an area of around 30.000 square meters. They make use of this
modern structure with full respect of the environment. They also have a modern
laboratory composed of highly specialized people that insure the highest
standards in quality. The San Marzano tomatoes DOP (denomination of protected
origin) was recognized by the European Union in the 1996; only 41 communes,
all in the Campania Region, were recognized. These are the only possible
regions to cultivate the DOP San Marzano Tomato.Precisely in the provinces of
Naples – Salerno and Avellino.
- San Marzano DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) Authentic Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes by Rega, Giant Food Service Size (28 Ounce Each), Imported From Italy
- D.O.P certified (Protected Designation of Origin) San Marzano tomatoes, only grown in the volcanic soil around Mount Vesuvius
- Imported from Italy, from Campania
- Sweet Italian plum tomatoes , perfect for pasta sauce and pizza
- San Marzano tomatoes are thinner and more pointed than Roma tomatoes and the flesh is much thicker with fewer seeds, and the taste is stronger, sweeter and less acidic
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 5 x 9 inches ; 12 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 12.4 pounds
- #8 in Canned & Jarred Peeled Tomatoes
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.