Size:12 Ounce (1 Pack) Purple Ice is a high performance,
synthetic, radiator coolant additive. It reduces engine heat by reducing the
surface tension of the radiator fluids for improved heat transfer. Purple Ice
fosters optimum coolant flow by helping to prevent formation of scale deposits
in the radiator. It also lubricates the water pump seals. Purple Ice should
always be used in conjunction with antifreeze in regions where freezing
temperatures occur. Purple Ice is recommended for any water/glycol pressurized
cooling system, including those using the traditional green silicate based
glycols or the newer OAT or HOAT based glycols. Royal Purple’s
Purple Ice is a high performance radiator conditioner. Its advanced 2-in-1
corrosion inhibitor and wetting agent provides year-round defense against
corrosion. Purple Ice also reduces the surface tension of the radiator coolant
to help reduce engine temperatures. Reduces Coolant Temperatures Extensive
testing confirms Purple Ice reduces coolant temperatures better than
comparable products while providing extra corrosion protection. Performance
Advantages Up to 22°F Reduction of Coolant Temperature–Reduces surface
tension of a coolant allowing more heat to transfer outside the radiator
resulting in more horsepower Maximum Protection–Reduces hot spots in the
engine and cylinder heads, reducing the possibility of engine failure Cleans
and Extends Equipment Life–Helps prevent overheating, keeps the system clean
and extends the life of the water pump Superior Corrosion Protection–Enhanced
aluminum protection that combats corrosion, electrolysis and erosion
Compatible–Provides complete protection in straight water or coolant/anti-
freeze mixes and safe for track use Directions: Shake Well Before Using Make
sure cooling system works properly and is free of blockage and corrosion.
Bottled, filtered drinking water is recommended. Distilled water not
recommended, unless mixed with 50% antifreeze. Use one (1) oz per quart of
coolant with 50/50 mix or two (2) oz per quart of coolant with straight water.
Replace annually or every 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. IMPORTANT
NOTES: Purple Ice does NOT provide freeze protection. Follow manufacturer
recommendations when antifreeze is required. Royal Purple recommends that you
drain and flush your system if you’ve used another brand of coolant additive.
Purple Ice will NOT correct any pre-existing mechanical deficiencies of a
cooling system. Distilled water should not be used in straight water-cooling
systems with aluminum radiators. Filtered drinking water or tap water is
recommended for such cooling systems. Purple Ice–FAQs Is Purple Ice
compatible with other cooling system additives? Purple Ice should not be used
with other heat-transfer or cooling enhancing products or “water wetters”. If
such a product has been used in the cooling system, the system should be
drained and flushed before using Purple Ice. Purple Ice is compatible with
cooling system additives intended to stop or slow leaks. Please note that such
stop-leak products often typically put a coating on the interior surfaces of
the cooling system, so the effects of Purple Ice may be diminished. Is Purple
Ice compatible with anti-freeze in my car? Purple Ice is compatible with all
current OEM/factory and major brand automotive anti-freeze. This includes
traditional green ethylene glycols, as well as OAT/HOAT antifreezes (e.g.
DexCool; Ford and Chrysler orange, gold, pink; European and Japanese OEM red,
pink, etc.). What water/anti-freeze concentration is recommended when using
Purple Ice? Purple Ice may be added to any anti-freeze/water mix; however,
testing has shown higher water concentrations yield greater cooling benefits.
While Purple Ice does contain corrosion inhibitors as well as lubricants to
compensate for a lower anti-freeze/water concentration, Royal Purple
recommends a minimum of 20 percent antifreeze concentration be used in street
driven vehicles because Purple Ice has no effect on the boiling and/or
freezing point of water. How much Purple Ice do I need to add to my cooling
system? When using Purple Ice with an antifreeze/water mix, Royal Purple
recommends adding 1 ounce of Purple Ice per quart of cooling system capacity.
For straight water (racing) applications, Royal Purple recommends adding 2
ounces of Purple Ice per quart of cooling system capacity. How often should I
add Purple Ice to my radiator? When used with antifreeze, Purple Ice should be
added once a year or every 30,000 miles, whichever comes first, in order to
maintain proper performance. When using Purple Ice in a cooling system running
straight water, Purple Ice should be added once a year or every 15,000 miles,
whichever comes first. Will adding too much Purple Ice harm my cooling system?
No. A higher concentration of Purple Ice than recommended won’t offer any
additional cooling benefit nor will it have any adverse effects on the engine
or cooling system. Can Purple Ice be used in diesel engines? Yes. Purple Ice
may be used in diesel engines for improved heat transfer as well as reduced
- 2-in-1 corrosion inhibitor and wetting agent enhanced protection of aluminum
- Reduces surface tension of coolant allowing heat to transfer outside the radiator for more horsepower
- Reduces hot spots in the engine and cylinder heads to help prevent failure of critical engine components
- Maintains a cleaner system, prevents overheating and extends the life of the water pump
- Safe to use in water or anti-freeze/water blends
- Brand: Royal Purple
- Item Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 1.1 x 7.5 inches
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: ROY01600
- Manufacturer Part Number: 01600
- OEM Part Number: 01600
- Folding: No
- Vehicle Service Type: all-terrain-vehicles;utility-vehicles;street-sport-motorcycles;off-road-motorcycles;street-cruiser-motorcycles;street-touring-motorcycles;street-motor-scooters;snowmobiles;marine-personal-craft
- Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Date First Available: July 7, 2004
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.