Gelatin is an odorless, tasteless thickening agent that forms a gel when
combined with liquid and heated. It is thermo-reversible, which means that the
gel liquefies when heated above its melting point but regains a jelly-like
consistency when cooled again. The melting point of gelatin is close to the
body temperature of the animal from which it is made, which for mammals is
around 99F/37C.The raw material for gelatin is collagen, a naturally occurring
pure protein, which is commercially produced from bones, cartilage, tendons,
skin and connective tissue of various animals. Much of commercial gelatin
today is a by-product of pigskin. Gelatin can also be extracted naturally in
the home, for instance when boiling bones to make a stock or aspic.Common
examples of foods containing gelatin are molded desserts, cold soups, trifles,
aspic, marshmallows, and confectioneries such as Peeps, gummy bears, candy
corn, and jelly beans. Gelatin may also be used as a stabilizer, thickener, or
texturizer in foods such as jams, yogurt, cream cheese, and margarine. It is
often added to reduced-fat foods to simulate the mouthfeel of fat and to
create volume without adding caloriesOur gelatin powder is made in the US from
beef. It is a Type A gelatin of the highest quality. It is perfect for any
recipe that calls for gelatin as well as for clarification.
- Grade "A" Beef Gelatin
- 240 – 250 Bloom
- Equivalent to 2 boxes of Knox Gelatin
- 100% pure collagen
- Item Weight: 1.76 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 ounces
- UPC: 852473004470
- #304 in Gelatins
- #19804 in Snack Foods
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.