Review “The best book about Santa.”—Entertainment Weekly “The Polar Express is
magic indeed. ”—The New York Times “Allsburg’s mix of meticulousness and
mysticism is his own, and his quiet Christmas bell, now run, will not stop
ringing.”—Adam Gopnik, author of The King in the Window “The sumptuous pastel
effects make this one of Van Allsburg’s most treasured visions.”—Newsweek “As
always, the forms are sculptured, the perspectives as dazzling as they are
audacious, the colors rich and elegant, the use of light and shadow
masterly.”—Horn Book Guide “Even the most hardened Santa doubters might find
in The Polar Express the faith to believe again.”—American Bookseller 1986
Caldecott Medal Winner A New York Times Best Illustrated Children’s Book of
the Year ALA Notable Book for Children Booklist Editors’ Choice Horn Book
Fanfare Selection Reading Rainbow Review Book Read more About the Author Chris
Van Allsburg is the winner of two Caldecott Medals, for Jumanji and The Polar
Express, and is the recipient of a Caldecott Honor for The Garden of Abdul
Gasazi. He lives on the North Shore of Boston. Visit his website at
- Age Range: 4 – 7 years
- Grade Level: Preschool – 3
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers; Anniversary edition (September 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0544580141
- ISBN-13: 45
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.