Read more Plugable’s Flagship USB-C Triple Display Docking
Station with Power Delivery Charging for Windows USB-C & Thunderbolt 3 Systems
USB 3.1 Type-C is set to revolutionize connectivity. The Plugable USB-C Triple
Display Docking Station, the first device of its kind, has been designed to
showcase what this new standard is capable of with flexibility and scalability
in mind. The Plugable UD-ULTCDL combines the tried and tested technology of
our top rated UD-3900 docking station with two of USB 3.1’s most exciting new
features: support for Alternate Modes and Power Delivery. Alternate Modes
allow certain non-USB data and protocols (such as native video) to be sent
over a USB-C cable, while Power Delivery enables you to power and charge a
supported system without the need for a traditional proprietary OEM charger.
Support for these features must also be built-in to the system being used, so
please see the important additional compatibility details in the sections
below. Features & Performance When attached to a fully compatible USB-C or
Thunderbolt 3 system, the UD-ULTCDL supports Windows 10 and 8.1, macOS 10.13.3
and earlier and some systems with ChromeOS. Features One HDMI output via USB-C
Alt Mode supporting displays up to [email protected] One HDMI output via DisplayLink One
DVI/VGA output via DisplayLink One USB-C port on the backside of the docking
station with Power Delivery functionality to charge your host computer (not
all USB-C computers are able to charge through their USB-C port; see
additional compatibility details below) One USB-C USB 3.0 port on the front of
the docking station for USB-C peripheral connectivity Four USB 3.0 (Type-A)
ports One Gigabit Ethernet port Headphone and microphone jacks (TRS)
Performance The dock’s main HDMI port utilizes USB-C DisplayPort Alternate
Mode (converted internally to HDMI for maximum compatibility) which has a
direct pipeline to the host graphics processor (GPU), and the connected
monitor will perform as if natively attached to the system. Video and photo
editing and other resource-intensive tasks are possible assuming that the
system’s GPU capabilities are sufficient for the application being used. The
2nd and 3rd graphics outputs (HDMI, DVI/VGA) are powered by DisplayLink USB
graphics technology which leverages the host GPU & CPU to render the image.
These outputs are recommended for web/productivity software; not recommended
for gaming or HD video. Supported Resolutions Maximum resolution via Alt Mode
output is 3840×[email protected] (4Kp30) as outlined in the HDMI 1.4 specification.
2560×1600, 1920×1080 (1080p) and lower resolutions will display at 60Hz. The
DisplayLink outputs on the dock can each support a single display up to
1920×1080 (1080p60). The DisplayLink HDMI output supports up to 2560×[email protected]
(1440p50), but only when using a single DisplayLink attached HDMI display (the
Alt Mode HDMI output is independent and does not affect this). Compatibility
Details For the most current system-specific compatibility details, please see
“Technical Specifications” section further down the page. USB 3.1 Type-C
Compatibility Overview USB-C is a new standard with much versatility. As a
result, compatibility information is complex. Some USB-C systems support Alt
Mode video output, while others do not. Some can be powered and charged via
USB-C PD, while others do not. Information on specific system compatibility
will be updated online as we test more systems internally, and we welcome
compatibility reports from users as well. Compatible Systems (Alt Mode, PD, &
DisplayLink) Some of the best examples of systems which currently support Alt
Mode, PD, and DisplayLink the Dell XPS 13″ 9350/9360/9370, Dell XPS 15
9550/9560, Dell Precision 5510/5520, HP Spectre x360 13″ (“Kaby Lake” version
w/ Thunderbolt 3), Lenovo Yoga 720 13″ & Yoga 920, Microsoft Surface Book 2.
Operating System & Platform Details (Windows) Windows users can download
DisplayLink drivers from Plugable. Windows drivers can also be installed by
Windows Update (with existing Internet connection) IMPORTANT: Operating System
& Platform Details (Mac) Please note that only macOS 10.13.3 and earlier are
supported. Mac systems currently only support “Extended”/independant desktops;
display “mirroring” is not supported. Performance on Mac systems compared to
performance on Windows systems will be less on the 2nd and 3rd attached
displays (DisplayPort++ ports). Operating System & Platform Details (Chrome
OS) Chromebooks/Chrome OS is currently unsupported, but we hope this changes
as the Chromebook platform evolves Partially Compatible Systems (Supporting
Alt Mode, PD, and/or DisplayLink, but not all) Many current USB-C systems
which do support Alt Mode video output do not support charging via USB-C.
Systems such as this will output video from the dock, but will still need
their proprietary OEM chargers. The Dell XPS 15 9550/9560 and Precision
5510/7510, for example, will display a warning during boot if connected to a
60W power adapter rather than a Dell 130W power adapter. These systems may
still charge, but at a slower rate. Conversely, while some USB-C phones and
tablets may accept charging via PD, most do not support Alt Mode video output.
Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports generally support Alt Mode output and DisplayLink
functionality, but support for Power Delivery/charging on these ports is
system-specific. Non-Compatible Systems The UD-ULTCDL relies upon new
functionality introduced with USB 3.1 Type-C and as such is not compatible
with USB 3.0/2.0 Type-A legacy systems. Most current phones and tablets with
USB-C ports do not support Alternate Mode video output, and some do not
support USB Power Delivery. Consult your device documentation or contact
device manufacturer to confirm compatibility with these technologies. macOS
10.13.4 The Lenovo Yoga 900 and 910 are not compatible (the 910 can support
video, or charging, but not both) Most HP systems are not compatible (see
above for the most well known compatible model at this time) Most Razer
systems are not compatible at this time Most Android phones and tablets
currently do not support Alt Mode video output ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do
not support Alternate Mode video (typically found in desktops and AMD based
laptops and some PC motherboards) With the latest firmware version on the UD-
ULTCDL, the Chromebook Pixel 2015 is not compatible DisplayLink Ethernet does
not support half-duplex connections nor jumbo frames Power and Charging The
UD-ULTCDL power supply can charge host systems with up to 60 watts of power
(20V, 3A) via the USB Power Delivery standard. As mentioned above, some
devices which support video output over USB-C will not charge via USB-C. For
these systems, the charger from your system manufacturer will be required. In
the Box Plugable UD-ULTCDL docking station with stand, 1m USB-C to USB-C cable
with eMarker, DVI-to-VGA passive port adapter, 60W (20V, 3A) power adapter
(100V-240V) with a US power plug, quick start quide
- Provides compatible Windows USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 systems with up to three additional displays and up to 60W of charging power. Utilizes cutting edge USB 3.1 features along with the tried and tested features of our best-selling UD-3900 dock
- NOT macOS COMPATIBLE (10.13.4 version and later). Requires compatible Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C Windows system such as the Microsoft Surface Book 2, Dell XPS 9350 / 9360 / 9370 / 9550 / 9560, Lenovo Yoga 720 13" & Carbon X1 5th Gen, most 13" HP Spectre x360 models
- Advanced features of the UD-ULTCDL such as host-charging and "Alt Mode" video output must be supported by host system to function. As such, dock is not compatible with legacy USB 3.0/"USB-A" systems. Not all systems with USB-C ports support charging or video output; please see Technical Specifications PDF below for most up-to-date system compatibility list. Not recommended for gaming
- Two additional video outputs (1x HDMI & 1x DVI/VGA) and Gigabit Ethernet via DisplayLink DL-3900. "Alt Mode" 4K HDMI port supports resolutions up to 3840×2160 [email protected]; DisplayLink HDMI and DVI outputs support [email protected]
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support.
- Brand Name: Plugable
- Item model number: UD-ULTCDL
- Item Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 1.2 x 5.9 inches
- Item Dimensions L x W x H: 5.91 x 1.18 x 5.91 inches
- Color: Black
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Date First Available: May 12, 2016
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.