The Talisman for Poets was was inspired by the importance poets were given in
Celtic history. In true bardic fashion, poets were the keepers of Celtic
history and culture. Traveling from city to city, the poet was most sought
after entertainment; the purveyor of all the news and the most eloquent
composer and reciter of epic and heroic poems. Our talisman is updated from a
design found in an ancient grimoire of magical symbols. The design consists of
Angelic sigils and alchemical symbols around a rendering of a Celtic-stylized,
six-pointed star by artist Chris Bennett. These symbols are said to create a
powerful magic to help one find the right word at the most opportune moment.
Concentrating on the endless knot work of the six start will intensify
“natural inspiration” and assist in your writing endeavors. On the backside of
this talisman is the “Seal of Eloquence”, also known as the “Seal of
Mercury”,which is lifted from the “Greater Key of Solomon”, a foundational
grimoire of Western Esotericism that contains influences of Judaic
mysticism/Kabbalah, Roman astrology and Hermetic alchemy. “Every one knoweth
in the present day that from time immemorial Solomon possessed knowledge
inspired by the wise teachings of an angel, to which he appeared so submissive
and obedient, that in addition to the gift of wisdom, which he demanded, he
obtained with profusion all the other virtues; which happened in order that
knowledge worthy of eternal preservation might not be buried with his body.”
[The Greater Key of Solomon (1999), Liddell & Mathers]
- Made of high quality excelsior pewter; nickel free and lead free
- Made in the USA by American artisans
- Adjustable cord (30 inches/76.2 cm) with laminated ends and pewter accent bead included
- Double sided pendant; different seal on each side
- Measures approximately 1 1/8 inches (2.86 cm) in diameter
- Package Dimensions: 3.2 x 1.9 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Item model number: PP-212-026
- Brand, Seller, or Collection Name: Pepi
- Metal stamp: Not stamped
- Metal: Pewter
- Material: not-applicable
- Gem Type: NA
- Diameter: 2.80 centimeters
- Resizable: No
- Model number: PP-212-026
- Pearl type: NA
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.