From the Back Cover Learn to: Master the Dock, Launchpad, and Mission Control
Work with Notifications, Tags, Messages, Maps, and Reminders Set up your
e-mail, surf the web, and make FaceTime calls IN FULL COLOR! Unleash the power
of OS X Mavericks and make the most of your Mac Want to hang ten with
Mavericks? Whether you’re new to Mac or a longtime Mac-thusiast, this friendly
guide gets you up and running with Apple’s latest OS. Mac expert Bob “Dr. Mac”
LeVitus helps you surf the Mavericks pipeline and find everything you need to
make the most of this sleek operating system in no time! The basics — from the
mouse and menus to the Desktop, the Dock, and Finder Tabs, learn how to surf
through OS X safely and perform basic tasks Slip into the pipe — organize your
info with files and folders, and your life with Notifications, Calendar,
Contacts, and Mail Surfin’ Safari — set up your Internet connection and
e-mail, manage spam, surf with Safari, and chit-chat with Messages and
FaceTime Multimedia madness — enjoy songs, movies, podcasts, photos, and
videos, and create, print, and fax documents Care and feeding — set up a
network and share files, printers, and Internet connections, back up files and
update your software, and troubleshoot problems away Open the book and find:
How to unclutter your Mac with Finder Tabs Tips for setting up your keyboard,
mouse, and trackpad Advice on keeping things in sync with iCloud Details about
running Windows on your Mac Ways to keep in touch using Messages and FaceTime
Ideas for managing appointments and projects with Reminders Instructions for
buying and reading e-books Maintenance and troubleshooting solutions Read more
About the Author Bob “Dr. Mac” LeVitus is among the world’s leading
authorities on the iPad, iPhone, and OS X. He’s been one of the Mac
community’s most trusted gurus for more than 25 years and has written or
cowritten more than 60 books. He is also a columnist for the Houston Chronicle
and The Mac Observer. Read more
- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (November 4, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 5
- ISBN-13: 85
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.