A forager’s delight, the Opinel No. 8 Mushroom knife is
designed to harvest whatever treasures you might find in the woods (or your
garden). The curved stainless steel blade makes tidy work of plucking
mushrooms. Use the boar bristle brush dust dirt and debris from your
chanterelles and Hen of the Woods. Then fold your knife, tuck it back into
your pocket, and continue on your way. Opinel knives are designed to stand the
test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and
grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for
years to come. You should… Hand-wash and dry While bubinga wood is naturally
dense and water resistant, do not leave this knife submerged in water or damp
conditions for extended periods of time The stainless steel blade and locking
mechanism is resistant to corrosion and does not need special care You should
NOT… Put your knife in the dishwasher Use bleach or chlorine to clean your
knife Leave your knife in wet or damp conditions for extended periods of time
Product Specifications: Blade length: 8.5 cm/3.35 inches Materials: Stainless
steel blade, varnished beechwood handle Versatile in its use, classic in its
design and construction, the Opinel No. 8 Mushroom has been carried — and
appreciated — by mushroom hunters and foragers for generations. Product
Features Stainless Steel Blade Opinel’s stainless steel blades are made of
Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the
addition of chromium and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content
of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge. Virobloc Safety Ring
Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all
folding knives as of the N° 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has
two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open
(safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in
transport) Sustainable Wood To prevent a negative impact on the environment
(pollution from transport, deforestation …), 95% of the wood for handles
comes from sustainably managed French forests. Made In France Since its
creation in 1890, the company has been manufacturing its knives in the heart
of the French Alps. All our products are entirely manufactured in our factory
in Chambéry. Read more Read more
- Made in France
- Beautifully crafted
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 5 inches ; 1.76 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 1252
- #47 in Folding Hunting Knives
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.