Visionary and Academy Award(R)-winning director Hayao
Miyazaki (2002, Best Animated Feature, SPIRITED AWAY) has created a
heartwarming, music-filled and wonderful world in MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, a
delightfully animated family adventure. And now — exclusively in this 2-Disc
Special Edition DVD — never-before-seen bonus features reveal even more of
Totoro’s fantastic world! Follow the adventures of Satsuki and her four-year-
old sister Mei when they move into a new home in the countryside. To their
delight, they discover that their new neighbor is a mysterious forest spirit
called Totoro — who can be seen only through the eyes of a child. Totoro
introduces them to extraordinary characters — including a cat that doubles as
a bus! — and takes them on an incredible journey. Bring home MY NEIGHBOR
TOTORO from Studio Ghibli and Disney for your family’s DVD library and
experience the timeless classic film Roger Ebert calls “one of the very few
that come along that are magical for all ages.” My Neighbor Totoro
is that rare delight, a family film that appeals to children and adults alike.
While their mother is in the hospital, 10-year-old Satsuki and 4-year-old Mei
move into an old-fashioned house in the country with their professor father.
At the foot of an enormous camphor tree, Mei discovers the nest of King
Totoro, a giant forest spirit who resembles an enormous bunny rabbit. Mei and
Satsuki learn that Totoro makes the trees grow, and when he flies over the
countryside or roars in his thunderous voice, the winds blow. Totoro becomes
the protector of the two sisters, watching over them when they wait for their
father, and carrying them over the forests on an enchanted journey. When the
children worry about their mother, Totoro sends them to visit her via a
Catbus, a magical, multilegged creature with a grin the Cheshire Cat might
envy. Unlike many cartoon children, Satsuki and Mei are neither smart-alecky
nor cloyingly saccharine. They are credible kids: bright, energetic, silly,
helpful, and occasionally impatient. Filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki makes the viewer
believe the two sisters love each other in a way no American feature has ever
achieved. My Neighbor Totoro is enormously popular in Japan, and some of the
character merchandise has begun to appear in America. The film has also
inspired a Japanese environmental group to buy a Totoro Forest preserve in the
Saitama Prefecture, where Miyazaki’s film is set. –Charles Solomon
- Directors: Hayao Miyazaki
- Writers: Hayao Miyazaki
- Producers: Eiko Tanaka, Ned Lott, Rick Dempsey, Toru Hara, Yasuyoshi Tokuma
- Format: Multiple Formats, Animated, Color, Dubbed, NTSC, Special Edition, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Language: Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), English (Dolby Digital 2.0), French (Unknown)
- Subtitles: French, English
- Dubbed: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.