John Carpenter has been responsible for much of the horror genre’s most
striking soundtrack work in the fifteen movies he’s both directed and scored.
The themes can instantly flood his fans’ musical memory with imagery of a
menacing shape stalking a babysitter, a relentless wall of ghost-filled fog,
lightning-fisted kung fu fighters, or a mirror holding the gateway to hell.
The all-new music on Lost Themes asks Carpenter’s acolytes to visualize their
own nightmares. As is Carpenter’s style, repetition is the key to the
thundering power of these tracks, their energy swirling with shredding chords,
soaring organs, unnerving pianos and captivating percussion. Horror fans will
be reminded of Carpenter’s past works, as well as ancestors like Mike
Oldfeld’s Tubular Bells and Goblin’s Suspiria. “They’re little moments of
score from movies made in our imaginations,” Carpenter says. “Now I hope it
inspires people to create films that could be scored with this music.”
- Vinyl (February 3, 2015)
- Original Release Date: February 3, 2015
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Sacred Bones Records
- #226 in Movie Scores (CDs & Vinyl)
- #222 in Electronica (CDs & Vinyl)
- #398 in Movie Soundtracks (CDs & Vinyl)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.