Review “This is a book Star Trek fans will love.” ―The Philadelphia
Inquirer”Shatner takes readers behind the nonemotive Vulcan visage to reveal
the poet, photographer, devoted stage actor, recovering alcoholic, and
formidable listener who was his friend. A fond remembrance of Leonard Nimoy by
one who knew him like no other.” ―Kirkus Reviews”Touching on Nimoy’s other
pursuits, including his photography, poetry, writing, and directing, Shatner
offers up a lovely and moving tribute to his beloved friend.”
―Booklist“Essentially a traditional biography, but one that is filtered
through the prism of its author’s friendship with his subject.” ―The
Washington Post”Trekkies will want this for the insider stories from Captain
Kirk himself, but fans of candid, emotion-filled biographies will adore this
account because it’s a treasure trove of information.” ―Library Journal
(starred review)”A resonant retrospective of one of pop culture’s great
partnerships.” ―Publishers Weekly”Shatner delivers a raw and honest look at
the life of Leonard Nimoy through the filter of someone who loved him like a
brother. “Star Trek” fans aren’t the only ones who should read this definitive
biography of the man who was much more than Mr. Spock.” -Associated Press”Star
Trek fans looking for a trip down Memory Alpha lane should enjoy Leonard,
William Shatner’s tribute to fellow icon Leonard Nimoy, the unemotional Mr.
Spock to his passionate Captain Kirk.” -USA Today”These two men shared an
extraordinary life together, and fans will enjoy the anecdotes and insights
into the television industry and ‘Star Trek’ in particular. At it’s core,
though, it’s a loving tribute from one man to his best friend.” -The National
Post”Unexpectedly poignant. An eyebrow-raising tribute to a fascinating man.”
-Maclean’s”Highly readable and entertaining.” -Examiner.com”If you want to get
to know the men in a funny and brutally honest way pick up Leonard: My Fifty-
Year Friendship With A Remarkable Man.” -Red Carpet Crash Read more About the
Author William Shatner has worked as a musician, producer, director, and
celebrity pitchman, and notably played Captain Kirk on Star Trek from 1966 to
1969 and in seven Star Trek films. He won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for his
role as attorney Denny Crane on the TV drama Boston Legal. He lives in Los
Angeles with his wife, Elizabeth. David Fisher is the author of more than
twenty New York Times bestsellers, including William Shatner’s autobiography
Up Till Now. He lives in New York. Read more
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books; Complete Numbers Starting with 1, 1st Ed edition (February 16, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1250083311
- ISBN-13: 19
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1.1 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- #636 in Television Performer Biographies
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.