If you have not heard the Legend of Saint George and the Dragon then you are
in for a treat. One version of this legend is that he town had a pond, as
large as a lake, where a plague-bearing dragon dwelt that poisoned all the
countryside. To appease the dragon, the people of Silene used to feed it two
sheep every day, and when the sheep failed, they fed it their children, chosen
by lottery. It happened that the lot fell on the king’s daughter, who is
called Sabra in some versions of the story. The king, distraught with grief,
told the people they could have all his gold and silver and half of his
kingdom if his daughter were spared; the people refused. The daughter was sent
out to the lake, dressed as a bride, to be fed to the dragon. Saint-George by
chance rode past the lake. The princess, trembling, sought to send him away,
but George vowed to remain. The dragon reared out of the lake while they were
conversing. Saint George fortified himself with the Sign of the Cross, charged
it on horseback. The princess and Saint George led the dragon back to the city
of Silene, where it terrified the people at its approach. But Saint George
called out to them, saying that if they consented to become Christians and be
baptised, he would slay the dragon before them. The king and the people of
Silene converted to Christianity, George slew the dragon. This sword is
constructed on stainless steel with a factory edge. The cross guard features
ornate medieval symbols with golden hand painted accents. The handle is wooden
with a decorative spacer and at the top is a open pommel with a golden dragon
inside. Included is a leather sheath with belt loop. Together you and this
sword can conquer dragons just like Saint George.
- Overall Length: 42.50 Inches /Cross Guard Width: 9 Inches
- Blade Length: 32.50 Inches
- Handle Length: 10 Inches
- Material: Zinc Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Wood
- Included: Leather sheath with Belt Loop
- Shipping Weight: 18 pounds
- #2092 in Martial Arts Swords
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.