Size:8″ X 2.5″ The Knives Plus Strop Block is a great way to finish up your
edge. It is hand made by Knives Plus and comes on a block of wood 8″ x 2 1/2″
so there is plenty of room to do larger knives. Leather is glued to MDF and a
high high chrome rouge is applied to the leather. The grit of this is 0.5 –
1.0 micron. The Knives Plus Strop comes preloaded with compound, making it
virtually maintenance free. How to Use: All edges come off of your sharpening
stones with a fuzzy uneven edge. The edge can be straightened out with a fine
ceramic or steel, if you have the right touch. The problem is, with too much
pressure, a hard ceramic or steel will roll that edge to one side or another
and possibly break it off. To get that shaving sharp edge, it helps to have a
soft polishing surface that “gives a little” as you straighten that fuzz out.
The surface of our leather strop cushions your finishing strokes to prevent
rolling your finished edge, as you might on a hard ceramic or steel. Always be
sure to pull your knife edge backward four or five strokes on one side, and
then on the other. Always make sure your knife is clean before stropping as a
dirty knife will clog up the strop surface.
- Pre-loaded with a high chrome rouge compound, and hand rubbed into leather while still warm
- Hand-made by Knives Plus, Knife Port is the ONLY authorized dealer
- Knife is pulled backwards with moderate pressure to finish edge
- Constructed from MDF and Chap Leather on a 8" x 2 1/2" surface
- Virtually no maintenance needed to keep strop in working condition
- Part Number: KP-STROP8
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Package Dimensions: 9.1 x 2.9 x 0.9 inches
- Size: 8" X 2.5"
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Date First Available: June 24, 2015
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.