Style:VDV Tester, Probe, Coax, F, RJ45, Twisted Pair Klein Tools’ VDV
Commander TestandMap is a full-featured voice/data/video cable tester. It
locates, tests and measures coax, data and telephone cables to ensure fast and
accurate installations. In addition, the Commander detects Power over Ethernet
(PoE) and can store and output test results for easy report management.
Designed for testing and measuring coaxial and telephone cables. TDR
technology helps measure cable length and distance to fault. Identifies wiring
faults such as miswire and reverse-pair. Measure paired-conductor cables up to
1500-feet (457 m) with accuracy of up to +/-(5-percent and 1-Foot/0.3 m).
Single-end cable testing or complete two-end cable testing with Test-n-Map ID
Remotes. Perform active network (Ethernet) testing — detect capabilities and
connection speeds. Locate and identify cables with location ID remotes, Test-
n-Map ID remotes, Link Light and Tone Generator. Test and identify location in
one step (two-end testing) with Test-n-Map ID remotes (RJ45 and RJ12 ports) –
supports up to 8 remotes. Multiple style (4 cadences) tone generator capable
of sending a tone on a single conductor, a conductor pair or over all
conductors. Kit includes required PROBEplus Tone Tracing Probe (VDV500-060).
Visually identify a hub or switch and locate cable runs with Link Light. Save
up to 256 cable or network tests, export and print reports. Download brochure
for more details and kit contents. Emits an analog signal detectable by analog
signal probes. For more than 160 years, Klein Tools has manufactured premium-
quality, professional-grade hand tools that deliver the performance,
durability and precision needed to get the job done right. Our family of
engineers, workers and craftsman continue to put six generations of expertise
into every tool we create by using only the highest quality materials,
superior workmanship, and keeping manufacturing as close to home as we can.
Klein isn’t just the name of our company, it’s also our family name. And since
we’re an American company that’s family-owned and family-run, you know you can
count on us to be here tomorrow. Klein Tools doesn’t just make great products,
we make great products that stand up to the demands of the professionals who
use them every day … Since 1857.
- Locate, test and measure coaxial, data (RJ45) and telephone (RJ11) cables
- Identify wiring faults including miswire, open fault, short fault, split-pair, wire map
- Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Measure cable length and distance-to-fault with Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology
- Four tone options with probe included
- Measure paired-conductor cables up to 1500-feet (457 m) with accuracy of up to +/-(5-percent and 1-Foot/0.3 m)
- Single-end cable testing or complete two-end cable testing with Test-n-Map ID Remotes
- Perform active network (Ethernet) testing — detect capabilities and connection speeds
- Locate and identify cables with location ID remotes, Test-n-Map ID remotes, Link Light and Tone Generator
- Test and identify location in one step (two-end testing) with Test-n-Map ID remotes (RJ45 and RJ12 ports) – supports up to 8 remotes
- Part Number: VDV501-829
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.5 x 4.4 inches
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: VDV501829
- Batteries: 6 AA batteries required. (included)
- Style: VDV Tester, Probe, Coax, F, RJ45, Twisted Pair
- Material: Polymer
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Number of Handles: 1
- Included Components: VDV Commander Test & Tone Kit
- Batteries Included?: Yes
- Batteries Required?: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 4.75 pounds
- Date First Available: March 6, 2014
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.