A close recreation of the famous Oakeshott Type XVIIIa.4 sword from Records of
the Medieval Sword with some liberties taken to make it safe for reenactment
and stage use. This sword proves to be a powerful sight on the field of battle
and is a perfect accompinament for a 14th to mid 15th Century man of war. Our
Tourney Series Medieval Sparring Swords from Kingston Arms will set a new
standard in this price point of re-enactment weaponry. Features like thru-tang
handle construction, peened thru-tang stainless steel pommel and guard, 2mm
rounded edge thickness make these brutal weapons on the battle field. The cord
wrapped leather grip feels exceptional in the hand with an oval cross section
and slight barrel shape to keep fatigue at bay. The grip is large enough to
accomodate armoured hands. A respectable fuller runs the length of the blade
to lighten and counter balance the sword overall. A wood core and leather
wrapped scabbard tipped with a stainless chape comes with each sword. Further
Tourney Series models are the Viking Sword and Single-hand Swords. The blade
is forged from 9260 high carbon spring steel and is tempered to about 50 Hrc,
providing a long lasting sword. The guard needs special mention, featuring the
King-Peen system. King-Peen is essentially a steel tab on the guard under the
grip that is pinned through the tang of the sword. This process keeps the
guard from going loose after a lengthy campaign without compromising the
strength of the hilt. The pommel is pressed into place and hot peened. Combine
these two processes and you get a sword that rings like a bell when struck.
Overall: 41 1/4″ Blade Length: 32 3/4″ Handle Length: 6″ Weight: 3lb 7oz Point
of Balance: 4″ Point of Harmonics: 21 1/2″ Blade Steel: 9260.
- Durable hand forged 9260 spring steel blade
- Stainless hilt and wood-core leather wrapped grip
- Wood core scabbard included
- Item Weight: 3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 6.3 pounds
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: SM36040
- #1447 in Martial Arts Swords
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.