3.3 ounces. (100 gram) bag. Although bonito is one of the most important fish
in Japanese cuisine, it is rarely eaten as the entr��e of a meal. Instead, the
dark, oily fish is carefully dried and shaved into very fine, intensely
flavored flakes known as katsobushi. These salty flakes are combined with
kombu seaweed to make dashi, the base stock for most Japanese soups and
broths. Dashi is present in so many Japanese foods that the cuisine would
hardly be the same without it. The strong, clean fish flavor of katsobushi
makes it a wonderful seasoning for wakame seaweed salads, for seasoning
chilled tofu, and for sprinkling over steamed or saut��ed vegetables.
- Contains a plastic bag of 3.52 ounce Bonito flakes (jikabiyaki honkatsu)
- Could be used as a base stock for soups and broths
- Product of Japan
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces
- #4 in Bonito Flakes
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.