The James Brand was created in Portland, Oregon in 2012 by
a group of designers and adventurers who were looking for something better.
Based on the adage that if you can’t find what you want, you might have to
make it yourself, we decided to put pen to paper and design something new:
knives made with premium materials, a minimalist design aesthetic, and clear
attention to the details. We make knives and tools that are a better
reflection of our values and lives. Modern, minimal everyday carry is what the
James brand is all about. We live to explore. We make knives for people who
live adventurously – for people like us. For those who aren’t content
consuming other people’s stories, and who don’t wait around for other people
to fix things. The knife you carry says something about you. You carry it to
solve problems in the now. Some things will never go digital. Sine Qua Non
(Si-Ni-ˌKwa-‘Nan) : noun 1. Absolutely indispensable or essential. 2. The
absolutely needed. Sine qua non can be translated literally as “Without which,
not” – a reference to the people, places, and things that are inherently
necessary – the crucial elements required to create something else. At James,
we find inspiration in the idea of the indispensable. The people that make it
all happen, and the tools they rely on. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. Everyday.
the Folsom | Crafting a workhorse. With the Folsom we focused on designing a
knife that would be at home from the city to the backcountry. Fluid arcs and
simple forms give ample gripping power while the extra-slim profile won’t bulk
up your pocket like other liner-locks. A triangular thumb hole and reversible
clip also allow for left or right-handed configuration. the Folsom | Bone +
Black This is the knife that you will have and use for a lifetime. Read more
the Folsom The James interpretation of the legendary liner-lock. Featuring G10
scales and a steel liner-lock, the Folsom is ready to be put through the
paces. The Carpenter CTS-BD1 stainless steel blade holds an edge, resists
corrosion and is easy to care for. This is a knife that you will have and use
for a lifetime. With an ambidextrous blade opening slot and reversible clip,
tip-up carry, and serious gripping power, this is a blade you’ll find in your
EDC on the regular. Specifications Overall Length: 6.75” (17.4cm) Closed
Length: 4” (10.16cm) Blade Thickness: 0.11” (2.8mm) Weight: 3.4oz Opener:
Thumb Hole Scale Type: G10 Spacer: Aluminum Hardware: 416 Stainless Steel Read
- THE JAMES INTERPRETATION OF THE LEGENDARY LINER-LOCK
- Blade Length: 2.8 inches | Open Length: 6.8 inches | Closed Length: 4 inches | Thickness: 0.4 inches
- 416 Stainless Black-Oxide Hardware | G10 Scales | Carpenter CTS-BD1 Blade
- Liner Lock Pocketknife | Drop Point Blade
- Ambidextrous: Right Hand / Left Hand Carry
- Part Number: KN102116-00
- Item Weight: 3.52 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 1.2 x 0.4 inches
- Item model number: KN102116-00
- Color: Bone + Black
- Style: Bone + Black Straight
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Thickness: 0.4 inches
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Blade Length: 2.8 inches
- Folded Knife Size: 4 in
- Blade Edge: Straight
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Date First Available: June 9, 2017
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.