Dairy Co-op Santa Rita consists of eight family farms located at Pompeano and
Selva of Serramazzoni in the Modena Apennini Mountain. All of the farmers
belonging to the Co-op have been applying the methods of biological
agriculture and zootechnics for the last ten years. Proper tillage, scrupulous
feeding, care and wellbeing for the cattle, and the refusal of any genetically
modified nourishment are basic for the daily management of the farms. The
eight farms in the Co-op are located within a few kilometers of each other, so
when the milk is delivered to the Co-op, it is in the very best condition.The
milk from the evening is left to rest overnight in containers, letting the
cream come to the surface in a natural way. This milk is partially skimmed in
the morning and then mixed with the morning’s whole milk. Only milk and rennet
of organic origin are mixed in large copper kettles from which, after heating
and coagulation, the wheels will be made. Every day, 10 wheels of Parmigiano
Reggiano are made. For a kilo of Parmigiano Reggiano to be made, 17 liters of
milk will be used. The cheese is immersed in brine for 21 days, then turned,
cleaned and seasoned for 24 months.We had the good fortune to sample this
cheese at the SANA in Bologna. We were bowled over by the incredible sweet,
floral, fruity fragrance and the rich, pure flavor. Clearly, the additional
work needed to achieve an organic product, the small scale of the co-op and
the unique flavor that comes from its mountainous territory pays off to create
nothing short of a masterpiece.Made from unpasteurized cow’s milk and aged for
24 months.Photo depicts a 10 lb. chunk of Organic Parmigiano Reggiano.We cut
and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Italy
- Perfect for chunking into romaine and dandelion green salads, or rolled in extra virgin olive oil and served as part of an antipasto tray
- Serve with bold reds or a fabulous regional Tuscan red
- Made from pasteurized cow’s milk
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- #8728 in Food & Beverage Gifts
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.