Product Type: Granular, Organic Quantity: 46 oz Chef Jar Origin: Pakistan
Flavor: Saline, briny, typical of sea salt. The taste difference between
generic iodized table salt and Pink Himalayan salt comes from the lack of
chemical “burn” from the additives. The natural salts will have a different
texture and flavor when dissolved in water to test the taste. However, when
the salt dissolves in the food, there won’t be a perceptible flavor
difference. Aroma: Barely perceptible Culinary Applications: Cooks and bakers
should always check the granular size of the salt they use. Regular table salt
is very fine, so when transitioning to a natural sea salt or Himalayan salt,
one will find a much more consistent and uniform granulation. A chef or baker
will find they will use less and have much more flavor consistency with steady
use. Also, with natural salts, the more consistent and larger granules when
applied to food just before serving, will produce a better experience and
flavor. History: Himalayan salt deposits come from sea beds developed as much
as 800 million years ago, when shallow seas evaporated following seismic
geological activity. They formed large (150 mile) salt ranges. The Khewra Salt
Mine in what is now Pakistan, is the largest and was discovered when Alexander
the Great, during his Indian campaign, crossed into the region. The mine was
discovered, when Alexander’s horses were found licking the stones. There is
evidence of salt mining in the 11th century, however documented history began
in the 1500’s. Farming and Harvesting: Himalayan salt is mineral-rich and
sourced from pristine ancient sea beds. The pink and various other colors are
a result of the varied trace minerals. Ingredients: Organic Himalayan Salt,
Natural Himalayan salt mined from the salt mines
- 100% USDA Certified Organic Pink Himalayan Salt – 46 oz. Chef Jar
- Quality Since 1977 – Non GMO – Kosher – Gluten Free
- Sustainably Farmed Grown Herbicide & Pesticide Free
- Flavor Profile – Saline, briny, typical of sea salt. The taste difference between generic iodized table salt and Pink Himalayan salt comes from the lack of chemical burn from the additives.
- Origins – Pakistan
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
- UPC: 850002981094
- #10010 in Herbs, Spices & Seasonings
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.