One of the most talked-about movies of all time, Howard
the Duck, lands on DVD for the first time ever in an all-new Special Edition!
From executive producer George Lucas and the pages of Marvel Comics comes this
unbelievably funny comedy about a fast-talking, cigar-chomping, beer-loving
duck from a parallel universe who crashes to Earth. Featuring brand-new bonus
features, a digitally remastered picture and new 5.1 surround sound, Howard
the Duck Special Edition is a hidden treasure the whole family can enjoy.
If you concentrate on the fact that Howard the Duck was a notorious
box office dud (still brought up today) and considered one of the worst films
of the ’80s, it’s entirely possible to enjoy this special effects piffle.
Howard, played by a special effect puppet, lives on a planet where ducks
evolved instead of apes, but one day he’s sucked into a vortex and deposited
on Earth. There he befriends Beverly Switzler (Lea Thompson), lead singer for
the Cherry Bombs, becomes their manager, and, oh yeah, saves the Earth from
the Dark Overlords. Jeffrey Jones is the villain and Tim Robbins (!) is there
for comic relief. And who can resist the culmination of synthesizer pop, the
Howard the Duck theme song, as realized by the Cherry Bombs? A midnight movie
that your kids might watch more than you. –Keith Simanton
- Actors: Lea Thompson, Jeffrey Jones, Tim Robbins, Ed Gale, Chip Zien
- Directors: Willard Huyck
- Writers: Willard Huyck, Gloria Katz
- Producers: Gloria Katz, George Lucas
- Format: Multiple Formats, AC-3, Color, Dolby, Extra tracks, NTSC, Original recording remastered, Special Edition, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
- Subtitles: English
- Dubbed: French, Spanish
- Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.