Review “From decoding squawks to mapping out flock hierarchies and dealing
with squabbles in the henhouse, How to Speak Chicken is the ultimate guide to
keeping all of your ducks – make that chickens – in a row.” — Country Living
“Get to know what all the different ‘bawks’ mean and how to make your hens the
most comfortable with a little help from this book.” —“A new spin
on chickenese ready to drive any urban farming linguist mad as a wet hen with
joy.” — Library Journal “If you’re even remotely thinking about raising
chickens, or you know someone who is getting into a chicken keeping, get this
book, you’ll learn so much about flock keeping.” —“A true delight
that is filled with love and plenty of gorgeous illustrations.” —“Prepare to be surprised, delighted and humbled.” — Sy Montgomery, author of
Birdology “A delightfully refreshing look at the backyard flock that
transcends the basics of food, water, health, and shelter. Learn to listen to
your chickens to know how they are doing. Learn their language, and you just
might catch them talking about you!” — Hank Will, Editor-in-Chief, Mother
Earth News “Melissa’s enthusiasm for chickens, like my own, knows no bounds.
Chickens are both amusing and practical and, as you’ll find out, they are also
intelligent communicators … if you are willing to learn their language! This
book provides fascinating insight and practical tips for fowl fanciers
everywhere.” — P. Allen Smith, television host, writer, and professional
gardener “I loved How to Speak Chicken.” — Temple Grandin, author of Animals
in Translation Read more From the Back Cover Get the Scoop from the Coop
Chickens speak volumes if you know how to listen! Understand your feathered
friends better with best-selling author and longtime chicken keeper Melissa
Caughey’s firsthand insights into how chickens interact with each other and
the world around them. How do flocks establish a pecking order? How do
chickens learn from each other? How do hens talk to their chicks? How do
chickens express their emotions? How do chickens greet each other? Read more
See all Editorial Reviews
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC (November 28, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1612129110
- ISBN-13: 12
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces
- #1 in Bird Care
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.