Sayl Chair Designed by Yves Béhar for Herman Miller Good
design, healthy support, and exceptional value are always attractive—and Sayl
delivers all three. By using smart engineering to transform simple materials,
Herman Miller was able to make Sayl attainable for more people. Sayl’s
unframed 3D Intelligent back lets you stretch and move, striking a healthy
balance between support and freedom. The elastomer strands of the suspension
back vary in thickness and tension to provide greater support in the
transition areas along the spine and less everywhere else to encourage a full
range of seated movement. Sayl’s unframed back and Y-Tower support create a
striking visual aesthetic that reveals both the designer’s inspiration and
intent. As affordable as it is inventive, Sayl proves the belief that a
reasonably priced work chair can be well designed and include leading-edge
ergonomics. “Live Unframed” Sayl’s revolutionary 3D Intelligent suspension
back molds the support you need into the back material, eliminating hard edges
and the need for a frame. The suspension back is a flexible elastomer that
adapts to each person’s unique shape and provides exceptional comfort and
support for just about all body types. Eco Design Designer Yves Béhar is big
on environmental responsibility in design. The result is a lightweight chair
that is 93 percent recyclable. Structural components are hollowed out,
reducing weight and volume. The ArcSpan, arm structure, and tilt mechanism are
fused into a single strong part that also reduces the chair’s weight. The Sayl
work chair weighs only 37 pounds. Elegant Anywhere Shape matters, especially
when introducing a chair into your home. At a desk, around a table, in the
living room. The organic shape of the Sayl back makes it elegant anywhere,
from every angle. Low Cost, Big Design “The Best for the Most for the Least”
The standard for the designer when working on Sayl was to make a product that
is the best design for the most people at the smallest cost. Herman Miller’s
goal was to make a work chair that is everything a Herman Miller chair should
be in terms of ergonomics, elegant styling, superior engineering, and
ecological responsibility. Read more “Not defined by boundaries.” – Yves Béhar
- Sayl is a task chair that enables an unprecedented sense of freedom for the sitter in a design that delivers the most comfort with the least materials
- Breathable unframed back keeps you cool while you work
- The organic shape of the Sayl back makes it elegant anywhere, from every angle
- Seat height is adjustable between 15.5 and 20 inches high
- 12-year Herman Miller warranty with Official Born-On-Date sticker
- Product Dimensions: 26 x 24.5 x 37 inches
- Item Weight: 38 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 38 pounds
- Manufacturer: Herman Miller
- Item model number: AS2SA22PFN2BKBBBKBK9241
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.