The Hen Saver protects hens’ backs from roosters; prevents feather loss and
cuts and gashes that can lead to picking, cannibalism and death in both
domestic and commercial flocks; cover areas of feather loss and wounds to
promote healing and feather re-growth; and provide potential protection
against hawks by reducing their ability to grasp chickens. The Hen Saver is
proudly made in the USA. Unique features that add to the functionality and
durability of the apron include a notch at the base to accommodate the hen’s
tail feathers, two strap styles, finished-seam stitching that secures a layer
of breathable batting between two layers of rip-, tear- and puncture-resistant
material and optional fixed or removable shoulder protector. The double-strap
style is intended for more active chickens. Some chickens cannot tolerate the
straps crossing their chests. Those chickens would need a single strap Hen
Saver. This single strap style works like a backpack and is easier to put on
the chicken and more comfortable for the chicken to wear, but some chickens
may be able to remove the apron. Aprons are available with strong double-layer
shoulder protectors that are either permanently fixed onto the apron or
attached with Velcro. LARGE fits most standard breed hens and small roosters,
MEDIUM fits most bantam breed hens and SMALL fits shorter backed or thicker
tailed bantams (Silkiest, etc.). Extra Large fits most standard breed roosters
and large hens and Extra Large fits most large standard roosters and turkeys.
- Made in USA
- Covers areas of feather loss and wounds to promote healing and feather re-growth
- Notched base to accommodate hen's tail feathers
- Finished-seam stitching that secures a layer of breathable batting between two layers of rip, tear and puncture resistant material
- Two strap styles and optional fixed or removable strong double-layer shoulder protectors
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 7 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Item model number: HSLSS-BLACK
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.