Fish are finicky creatures that require a level of
attention much different than that of other housepets. While fish are mostly
self-sufficient, providing the right environment for your scaly swimmers can
be the difference between frisky fish and a funeral flush. Keep your little
buddies comfortable in their aquarium with a digital fish tank thermometer.
This easy-to-use device sticks to the glass of your aquarium to provide you
with accurate, up-to-the-minute temperature readings of your pets’ environment
in both Fahrenheit and Celsius measurements. With a temperature range of -50°
to 70° C (-58° to 158° F) and accurate to within 0.1 degrees, you can be sure
your cold-blooded companions will be comfortable in their aquatic
accommodations. Easy Installation and Set-Up The HDE Aquarium Thermometer is
comprised of two basic components: the sensor and the display. Each end has a
suction cup attached to it that will securely affix the unit to your aquarium.
Make sure you only submerge the sensor end in the water. While the display is
somewhat water-resistant, it will not function after being completely
submerged in water. Once you have your thermometer set up properly, just press
the “On” button and you’re good to go! The unit can toggle between Fahrenheit
and Celsius readings. To shut off the thermometer, simply press and hold the
“On” button until the display goes dark. Finding the Right Temperature The
types of fish in your aquarium will dictate what the optimal temperature is to
keep them comfortable and happy. Most fish are comfortable in temperature
ranges between 76° and 80° F, but the optimal temperature can vary wildly from
one fish species to the next. Below you will find the optimal temperature
ranges for classes of fish commonly found in home aquariums. PLEASE NOTE that
this list is generic and you should always research your specific species of
fish for the optimal temperature. Tropical Fish: 76° to 80° F (24° to 27° C)
with most fish happy at 78° F Goldfish: 68° to 72° F (20° to 22° C) Betta
Fish: 74° to 80° F (23° to 27° C) with most bettas happy at 78° F Blind Cave
Fish: 68° to 77° F (20° to 25° C) Saltwater Fish: 75° to 80° F (24° to 27° C)
with higher temperatures better for aquariums containing coral Tetra Fish: 75°
to 78° F (24° to 26° C) Coral: ~80° F (~27° C) If your aquarium temperature is
outside the reccommended range for your fish, DO NOT try to adjust the water
temperature too quickly. Sudden changes in temperature are very harmful to
fish and can even lead to death. Gradually add warm or cold water depending on
the change you need and your fish will be happy and healthy.
- Large easy to read display with easy to apply suction cup for secure convenient placement
- Submerge probe in to water to measure the aquariums temperature (Do not submerge the display)
- Accurate temperature readings to within 0.1 degree | Temperature range -50c~ + 70c. Operating temperature -10c~ +50c
- Includes LR44 Batteries | Size of unit: 2" x 1.25"
- Package Contents: 1 x Battery; 1 x Digital Thermometer; 1 x Probe
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 1 x 0.1 inches ; 0.32 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 ounces
- #52 in Aquarium Thermometers
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.