Harris Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is composed of
100% ground freshwater DE, with no additives. The product is made of the
naturally occurring fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of algae that forms
in freshwater. These remains are ground up into a soft, fine white powder that
carry many different uses. It’s chemical free and completely safe to use
around children and pets. Harris Diatomaceous Earth is listed with the Organic
Minerals Research Institute (OMRI) for organic use. It’s mined in Nevada and
packaged in Georgia in a 5lb airtight bag. For every ten dollars in profit we
receive for Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, we have pledged to donate one
dollar to the Etowah Valley Humane Society (EVHS), a private non-profit
organization that saves thousands of animals every year. Based in
Cartersville, GA a short drive from the PF Harris manufacturing plant, EVHS
aims to prevent cruelty, relieve suffering, and provide humane treatment for
all animals in need. The organization actively works to eliminate root causes
of suffering and acts as an educational resource for the community, with the
main goal being to find a great home for animals in its custody. Below are a
few of the impressive stats showing the impact EVHS has had on local animal
lives in recent years: Rescued over 13,000 lives from Bartow County Animal
Control since 2010 Helped increase the number of live animals pulls from
Bartow County Animal Control from 69/month to 207/month – a 300% increase
Assisted in decreasing the Bartow County euthanasia rate six years in a row
Harris’ own Chief Financial Officer, Ed Brush, has been involved with the
society for years. Seeing an opportunity to help a local organization doing so
much good, PF Harris partnered with EVHS in an effort to combat animal cruelty
and find deserving pets a loving home. We hope you will find value in our Food
Grade Diatomaceous Earth while knowing that 10% of profits are going toward
saving the lives of pets in Bartow County, Georgia. Harris Diatomaceous Earth
Food Grade, 2lb w/Powder Duster Harris Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, 5lb
w/Powder Duster Harris Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, 10lb w/Powder Duster
Harris Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, 5lb Harris Diatomaceous Earth Food
Grade, 1/2 LB Harris Diatomaceous Earth Applicator Size 2lb 5lb 10lb 5lb 1/2lb
3 Quart Capacity Powder Duster Included in Bag ✓ ✓ ✓ x x N/A Mined in the USA
✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ N/A No Additives or Fillers ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ N/A OMRI Listed ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ N/A
About PF Harris Our Story Problem solving has a long heritage at PF Harris. In
1924, two years after its founding, the company tackled the Calvin Coolidge
White House, which had been overrun for years by roaches and water bugs.
Harris’s product was so successful in eliminating the scourge that he was
described on the front page of the Washington Times as a “vermin slayer” who
has just fought a decisive, winning battle with a horde of cockroaches which
infested the lower regions of the Executive Mansion. Over the course of the
next few months Harris took “his final feast” to dozens of government
buildings, including the Senate Office Building, the Department of Justice,
the Supreme Court and Walter Reed Hospital. Success followed success: Each
superintendent of the various buildings was highly satisfied with the results.
The company today stays nimble enough to respond to changing market demands,
leading the way in the development of numerous products, including natural
insect repellents like Swamp Gator and Swamp Gnat which repel biting insects
without using deet. Beyond the products it sells, Harris helps customers find
easy and economical solutions to pest problems through helpful labeling,
instructive videos and personal advice. It’s a brand with a reliable past and
an innovative future. PF Harris is America’s oldest EPA-registered company.
With more than 55 products, the company provides solutions to treat everything
from roaches and bed bugs to scorpions and stink bugs.
- Natural Product – Composed of 5lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Mined in the USA – Our freshwater, pure white food grade diatomaceous earth is mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Package Dimensions: 16 x 9.8 x 4.5 inches
- Item Weight: 5.25 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5.25 pounds
- Manufacturer: Harris
- Item model number: DE-FG5
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.