Metallica will release their eleventh studio album, Hardwired…To Self-
Destruct, on November 18th, via Blackened Recordings. The 2 CD / 2 Vinyl set
is the Grammy® Award winning Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee’ s first
studio album since 2008’ s multi-platinum Death Magnetic. Hardwired…To Self-
Destruct is produced by Greg Fidelman, who engineered and mixed Death
Magnetic. Metallica formed in 1981 by drummer Lars Ulrich and guitarist and
vocalist James Hetfield and has become one of the most influential and
commercially successful rock bands in history, having sold 110 million albums
worldwide while playing to millions of fans on literally all seven continents.
They have scored several multi-platinum albums, including 1991’s Metallica
(commonly referred to as The Black Album), with sales of nearly 17 million
copies in the United States alone, making it the best-selling album in the
history of Soundscan. Metallica has also garnered numerous awards and
accolades, including nine Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, and
multiple MTV Video Music Awards, and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall
of Fame and Museum in 2009. In December 2013, Metallica made history when they
performed a rare concert in Antarctica, becoming the first act to ever play
all seven continents all within a year, and earning themselves a spot in the
Guinness Book of World Records. “Hardwired,” the first track to be released
from the forthcoming album was played for the first time during a live remote
broadcast from Metallica’s HQ in the Bay Area. During an interview with
Minneapolis rock station 93X discussing the band’s performance at U.S. Bank
Stadium on August 20th, Lars Ulrich stunned 93X’s Pablo by unleashing the
incendiary song for the first time, much to the surprise (and delight) of the
station, as well as fans around the world.
- Audio CD (November 18, 2016)
- Original Release Date: November 18, 2016
- Number of Discs: 2
- Label: Rhino/Blackened Recordings ADA
- #2440 in Rock (CDs & Vinyl)
- #3649 in Pop (CDs & Vinyl)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.