The Giannetti Artisans Tuscan Natural Italian Chestnut Flour tells a wonderful
story of the past. The chestnut tree has fed entire populations in the
mountain regions of Italy. Correspondingly, it was “the bread making tree” of
areas like Garfagnana since its “fruits” (chestnuts) created work
opportunities for many people. Emigration phenomenons and a progressive
abandonment of these areas have contributed to a drastic reduction of the
chestnut production. As a consequence, our Chestnut Flour is quite exclusive
since it is not easy to find. Chestnut Flour of Garfagnana can have a white
color or a dark ivory color. Our Chestnut Flour has a sweet taste
characterized by a light bittersweet aftertaste. It is important to realize
that Chestnuts are carefully picked and selected. Henceforth, a
“metato”(covered drying area/house) dries our delicious chestnuts for 40 days
at a constant temperature of 86°F. See Metato:
. Our producer stone grinds chestnuts
once dried. Texture is fine to your palate. Traditional recipes of Old World
Garfagnana such as “Castagnaccio” are available for the correct use of our
extraordinary Natural Tuscan Chestnut Flour in the recipe page of our website.
Check it out!
recipe-castagnaccio/ Ingredients: 100% stone ground chestnuts. 2-pack of 1lb
bags (2lbs, 14oz) Producer grinds chestnuts in its own machine in the same
facility that also grinds spelt flour (wheat). Although grinding is done on
separate machines, particles of spelt flour could be present within the
Chestnut Flour. – also available at
- 2-pack of 1lb Bags of Stone Chamber Roasted Italian Chestnuts from Tuscany
- 100% Stone Ground Chestnuts Harvested & Picked in Tuscany, Italy (Garfagnana – Lucca)
- A true artisan excellence with no preservatives, additives, or coloring of any kind.
- Used to make the traditional chestnut flour cake called "Castagnaccio" – Chestnuts are roasted for 40 days at a constant temperature to remove all humidity from chestnut fruit.
- 2018 Batch Chestnuts – 100% Certified Italian Product & FDA Registered Facility
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- #3051 in Baking Flours & Meals
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.