From the Back Cover Learn to: Play the flute as a solo or ensemble instrument
Perform a variety of musical styles Clean and care for your flute Play along
with the audio samples on CD The fast and easy way to learn flute! Whether
you’ve never touched a flute or want to dust yours off and start playing
again, this friendly, easy-to-follow guide walks you through everything you
need to know to prepare for and play the flute, from buying your first
instrument to playing, practicing, and caring for a flute. So you want to play
the flute get the basics on this popular woodwind instrument, appreciate its
great legacy, and receive expert tips on what you need to know before you
begin playing Flute 101 discover the anatomy of a flute, get advice on what
to look for when buying or renting a flute, and learn to read music notation
Playing your first notes start making beautiful music with helpful
descriptions, illustrations, and exercises incorporating the first octave on
the flute Making those high flutin’ sounds move on to more advanced notes
using the second octave and practice along with melodies Playing in perfect
harmony fine-tune your sound, add vibrato, and make your third octave notes
sing Bonus CD Includes Flute and keyboard tracks for you to reference and play
along with Samples demonstrating correct tempo, rhythm, and notes Individual
note tracks so that you can compare your pitch and play correctly, right from
the start Open the book and find: Hands-on exercises, practice lessons, and
examples Tips on posture and breathing The right way to position your hands
and fingers Warm-ups, scales, and studies to hone your skills Techniques to
correct out-of-tune notes When and how to find a flute teacher Advice on
repairing and maintaining a flute Suggestions for building your repertoire
Read more About the Author Karen Evans Moratz is Principal Flutist with the
Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, and Artist in Residence and Associate
Professor of Flute at the School of Music/Jordan College of Fine Arts at
Butler University. She is a founding member of the Greater Indianapolis Flute
Club and of the Indianapolis Baroque Orchestra. Read more
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (December 30, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470484454
- ISBN-13: 56
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- #208 in Music Techniques (Books)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.