Review “Andrew Loomis’ books were a formative influence on my life and art. My
mother is an illustrator herself who worked in the era of Loomis’ heyday, and
she passed his art instruction books on to me. Andrew Loomis’ instruction of
how to draw the human figure was one of the first teachings that I would
study, inspiring me to try and make my own artwork more realistic. My entire
approach to drawing and painting superheroes owes its genesis to Loomis’
work.” – Alex Ross”Holding this book is like holding a time capsule,
beautifully preserved in spirit for the next crop of future artists in the
generations to come.” – Art Sketch Read more About the Author Andrew Loomis
was born in 1892. After studying art he moved to Chicago, eventually opening
his own studio, working in editorial and advertising for most of the top
clients at the time including Kellogg’s, Coca Cola, Lucky Strike and more. He
also became renowned as an art teacher and his instructional books on Realist
illustration and art are acclaimed classics in the field. He died in 1959.
- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: Titan Books; Facsimile edition edition (May 31, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0857680986
- ISBN-13: 83
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 1 x 12.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds
- #6 in Printmaking (Books)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.